No announcement yet.

Juan Castillo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Andy's first job with GB was as a TEs coach not the OL coach.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

And I'm right. http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/te...asp?coach_id=1

In 1997, Green Bay won its 2nd straight NFC crown and Favre garnered league MVP honors for the third consecutive season. Prior to tutoring Green Bay's quarterbacks, Reid oversaw the tight ends, while assisting offensive line coach Tom Lovat. Under Reid's watch, Mark Chmura and Keith Jackson earned trips to the Pro Bowl.

Comment

Whoops, my bad...that's what I get for giving a wise guy answer. Nonetheless, while I'm very happy that Castillo has stuck where he is and doesn't appear to be going anywhere, unless he's not interested I really think it is odd he's never been given a chance to move up.

Comment

The Eagles really seem to do a nice job of coaching up their offensive linemen, and defensive backs.

Comment

Originally posted by longsnapper View Post
            Whoops, my bad...that's what I get for giving a wise guy answer. Nonetheless, while I'm very happy that Castillo has stuck where he is and doesn't appear to be going anywhere, unless he's not interested I really think it is odd he's never been given a chance to move up.
            Yeah, now if we could just find somebody to give us the scoop on Culley! LOL.

Comment

Yes, Castillo has been in Philly longer than any other Eagles in the front office... including Joe Banner I think. He is respected around the league on the lines of a Joe Bugel used to be but he may just not want to deal with the BS associated with being a head coach. Let's be honest, head coaches are made to be fired and coordinators are normally guys wanting to move up. Maybe Juan just likes making a couple hundred thounsand a year, living in Philly and working with young players. We're lucky to have him.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

According to Wikipedia Banner actually came in a year earlier than Castillo in 1994.

Comment

Damn you wikipedia... damn you all to hell... (pounding sand)!
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Trust---------------------------but verify!

Especially on message boards.

Comment

Confirmed on http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/te...nt_office_id=2

Comment

Working...
                      X