My post combine mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My post combine mock

I had 2 conference calls get cancelled this morning on my standard office day so I figured I'd do a post combine mock. I think the Cowboys are going to take a QB guys. I just don't think Jerry is sold on Dak. If he was, why didn't he sign him last year when he had the chance to potentially get him for a little less cash.

1. Cincinnati – Joe Burrow... I think honestly they’d like to trade down out of this spot and get more picks and do a rebuild. But the Bengals can’t because the fans would riot in the streets.
    2. Washington – Chase Young… I don’t believe the Redskins are considering drafting a QB here even though Dwayne Haskins is NOT a sure thing by any means. Ron Rivera is going to want to build with defense and Haskins was Dan Snyder’s pick. What I think the Redskins really want to do is move is bait the Dolphins into giving up their 5th and 18th pick because the Dolphins want Tua. The Redskins would take either Isaiah Simmons or their top OL at the 5th spot but I don’t think there will be interest in getting to the second pick by teams.
    3. Miami – Tua Tagovaiola… The Dolphins are going to move up because they fear the Chargers moving up into this spot and taking Tua. Based on the value chart the Dolphins can offer the 39th overall pick to get into this spot and I just think they will do it because they cannot go into next season without a QB of the future. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Dolphins then try and trade Josh Rosen to either the Bucs or the Raiders.
    4. New York Giants – Isaiah Simmons… I think Simmons is the second best player in the draft behind Chase Young. Despite needing a tremendous amount of help along the OL the Giants can’t pass him up.
    5. Detroit – Jeff Okudah… Smart move by the Lions to move back here. They might even be willing to discount the third pick a bit to get Miami to want to move up to three because Okudah will be available at 5 and it may sound silly but they save a bit of cap money by moving back two spots.
    6. Chargers – Mekhi Becton… I am going with OL here but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Justin Herbert or even Jordan Love be mentioned here. The Chargers would probably like to move back but I don’t know who’d be willing to move up to this spot.
    7. Carolina – Jerry Jeudy… The Panthers need offensive talent to put around whatever QB they decide to go with. I do think that Carolina would LOVE to get lucky and have Simmons available here and if that were the case they’d take him here to replace the spot Luke Kuechly occupied.
    8. Arizona – CeeDe Lamb… With Larry Fitzgerald getting long in the tooth as they say I think Kyler Murray’s development depends on WR help and obviously he has familiarity with Lamb.
    9. Jacksonville – Tristan Wirfs… Did you see the Jags OL? Seriously it is awful. Doesn’t matter who the Jags QB is going forward they have to get better up front.
    10. Cleveland – Jedrick Willis… The Browns also have a bad to very bad OL and it needs to get younger to protect Baker.
    11. New York Jets – Henry Ruggs… I think the Jets have so many holes they could go any direction but they need a WR and I think they are going to lose Robby Anderson in free agency.
    12. Dallas – Justin Herbert… This is a huge curveball I know but I am not sure the Cowboys really want to spend $200 million on Dak Prescott. I don’t think it will take much for the Raiders to move back. The Cowboys second round pick might be enough. And, I think the Raiders have shown with what they did last year that they stack their draft board differently than other teams so they can probably still get a player they want at 17.
    13. Indianapolis – Andrew Thomas… it is never a bad idea to take talented big people and I think the Colts will go either OL or DL.
    14. Tampa Bay – Jordan Love… The Bucs wanted Herbert I bet but Dallas knew the potential for either the Bucs or Colts to take him and so they moved up. Tampa has to find another QB because Jameis Winston stinks.
    15. Denver – Javon Kinlaw… This could go any direction but I think Kinlaw and Derrick Brown are going to slide and this is a value pick.
    16. Atlanta – Derrick Brown… Another value pick and the Falcons are awful on the defensive line.
    17. Oakland – Justin Jefferson… There is no secret that the Raiders need a WR and Jefferson is probably slotted about right here from a value standpoint.
    18. Miami – C.J. Henderson… The Dolphins are terrible all over the field so getting the BPA available here makes sense.
    19. Oakland – Kenneth Murray… This is where he is slotted from a value standpoint but I wouldn’t be surprised with this second Raiders pick to see Mike Mayock throw everyone a huge curveball and take a guy here that no one else has a first round grade on.
    20. Jacksonville – Kristan Fulton… Trading away Jaylen Ramsey creates a huge hole and the Jags will fill it either on day 1 or 2.
    21. Philadelphia – K’Lavon Chaisson… I know the Eagles don’t need a DE but if you think they are going to address CB in the draft and you think they will NOT take a LB in the first round. And, you think there are no WRs worth this pick which I think is questionable, I think you can make the case they will go DE. I also think the Eagles are a team that might trade up just a bit if a guy like Jeudy or Ruggs is sliding.
    22. Buffalo – Chase Claypool… The Bills are terrible at WR and they need a difference maker. Claypool has a very wide catch radius which makes sense for Josh Allen who has accuracy issues. This could also be Tee Higgins but I think the way the Bills play they are more of a dink and dunk offense and Claypool fits that because he can play with size over the middle.
    23. New England – A.J. Epenesa… This kid is both a DE in a 4-3 and I think he can play a 3-4 DE as well. The Pats got the ball ran down their throats by the Titans so they have to focus on the front 7.
    24. New Orleans – Patrick Queen… Sometimes you just take a guy because he fits a need and he is local and I think the Saints need help in the front 7 and Queen is a very good fit.
    25. Minnesota – Jalen Reagor… I wouldn’t be surprised to see Reagor drop some if he doesn’t improve his 40 time from the combine but the Vikings have a Diggs Problem reportedly and I think they are going to move on from him and replace him with Reagor who is basically the same player.
    26. Miami – Cesar Ruiz… This is a name I am starting to see and I guess it makes sense for the Dolphins to get better up front. They honestly could go any direction with virtually every pick.
    27. Chargers – Jonathan Taylor… Melvin Gordon is going to be moving on I think so why not take the best RB in the draft because you don’t have a QB that is worthy at this spot.
    28. Baltimore – Zack Baun… This kid is kind of a tweener and could be a nice fit as an OLB in a 3-4 scheme. He also fits the Ravens need of an edge player.
    29. Tennessee – Tee Higgins… Corey Davis has never panned out and they are not picking up his 5th year option so Higgins makes sense here.
    30. Green Bay – Laviska Sheunault Jr… The Packers have a rotating group of WRs and none of them can stay healthy. Shenault looks like a very safe pick if he recovers from his core muscle injury and he almost certainly will.
    31. San Francisco – J.K. Dobbins… Raheem Mostert was a nice story but Dobbins is an absolute stud.
    32. Kansas City – Lloyd Cushenberry… The Chiefs have to protect the franchise QB Mahomes and are set at LT and probably RT. They will need interior lineman. Cushenberry is NFL ready.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

after seeing the athletes in this draft, I honestly won't be shocked if the Birds take another lineman or DT
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
    X