This just in......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This just in......

Drew Brees may be the most spineless person I have ever seen.

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
    Drew Brees may be the most spineless person I have ever seen.
    I think that the best answer to give these days is no comment.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Yeah he probably should have sat that one out to begin with.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Not sure I heard everything he had to say but what I heard wasn't a problem IMM. What he failed to do was separate out that he understands there are major problems in the country and no one should have any problem with protesting but in his opinion, and only his opinion, he thinks doing things he feels are disrespectful of the flag is going too far. That should be fair enough
        Everyone has an opinion on what is too far....is rioting too far, looting too far, burning a flag too far, throwing all the tea in the harbor too far? Probably depends on your life experience and which ide of an issue you sit.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

He had strong opinions... ok they are his... and with some blowback he caved so quick and apologized for speaking his opinion. That is yellow bellied, spineless crap.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            He had strong opinions... ok they are his... and with some blowback he caved so quick and apologized for speaking his opinion. That is yellow bellied, spineless crap.
            I'd just like ONE of these players to have the balls to call off the violence instead of picking every sentence apart that somebody writes until they find something wrong with it to bitch about it.

Comment

It would have been much better for everyone if he had said something that would encourage people to help rather than belittle what many players and people around the country felt was important. I didn't like the fact that players were kneeling during the National Anthem, but I understood the cause they were trying to highlight. I'm 56 and when I was in school we recited the Pledge of Allegiance every day. So every day we pledged allegiance not only to the flag, but "to the Republic for which it stands" and "with liberty and justice for all". Think about this for a moment. All Americans made a daily pledge to ensure that our nation provide liberty and justice FOR ALL. That's not happening and we have a responsibility to change that so every American is able to live without fear of persecution. I know he was asked about players kneeling again, but if Brees had simply said he didn't know how people would respond he wouldn't be in this situation right now.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                It would have been much better for everyone if he had said something that would encourage people to help rather than belittle what many players and people around the country felt was important. I didn't like the fact that players were kneeling during the National Anthem, but I understood the cause they were trying to highlight. I'm 56 and when I was in school we recited the Pledge of Allegiance every day. So every day we pledged allegiance not only to the flag, but "to the Republic for which it stands" and "with liberty and justice for all". Think about this for a moment. All Americans made a daily pledge to ensure that our nation provide liberty and justice FOR ALL. That's not happening and we have a responsibility to change that so every American is able to live without fear of persecution. I know he was asked about players kneeling again, but if Brees had simply said he didn't know how people would respond he wouldn't be in this situation right now.
                Agree with everything you said--- but he said what he said BUT- he shouldn't be persecuted for it and then on top--- he weaseled/caved.

No guts of his own convictions. And the smoke he got is typical over the top reaction to one guy giving his opinion and then being cast as some sort of neanderthal!

Comment

I'm left to wonder if Brees would be considered a spineless, yellow bellied weasel if the initial opinion he voiced had instead reflected his reluctance to kneel himself but also full support for his mates who would kneel to focus attention on an issue of great importance to them. But then, after subsequently being roundly criticized for his insensitivity in not decrying that lack of respect for the flag that 'kneeling' clearly represented, he "caved" and publicly apologized; said he should have given the issue more thought before expressing an opinion; and went on to say that those who were greatly troubled by the kneeling should be listened to as well.

I suspect most of us have publicly expressed opinions in our lives that were somewhat impulsive or not carefully thought out only to subsequently wish to revise them. Or maybe we've expressed an opinion/belief publicly that we subsequently realized would have been better suited to a more private audience.

There are, of course, those fortunate few who rarely, if ever, have regrets and never have any need to amend things they say. I know of only two such people.

Comment

"Roger Goodell released a statement on behalf of the league on Friday acknowledging “we were wrong” in handling the issue of player protest."

“We, the National Football League, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of black people,” Goodell said. “We, the National Football League, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest.
                    “We, the National Football League, believe black lives matter. I personally protest with you and want to be part of the much-needed change in this country. Without black players, there would be no National Football League. And the protests around the country are emblematic of the centuries of silence, inequality and oppression of black players, coaches, fans and staff.”

Comment

Here's a question that everybody is afraid to ask. How do we know if this asshole was kneeling on Flyod because he was black? He's had 15 complaints lodged against him. Maybe he has treated white people in a similar fashion. I'm sure that he was trying to hurt Floyd but I don't think he tried to kill him. He's a mean SOB and a stupid one at that.

Comment

If you oppose kneeling during the Anthem--- and you say so--- then recant because you get a little blowback--- you are spineless. It really is that simple.
                        Of course, the Ultra PC numbnuts will say he was insensitive... bull. He was not disparaging anybody that wanted to kneel, all he said was that he disagreed with them. Both things can be true... you can feel that the kneeling disrespects the flag and the sacrifices made for it... AND... agree that the "intentions" of those doing it are not meant to disrespect it.
                        The problem comes in when he was told that he could not have/hold that opinion without being called all kinds of names.

Comment

60- personally I don't know that he was doing it because he was black. Doesn't matter really; this is just one in a long line of questionable police actions against blacks.
                          I haven't heard this anywhere but this is what I got from my experience and from watching the video. He wasn't trying to kill him. He might have been trying to give him some pain but he wasn't trying to kill him. He was sending a message. A message to him but moreso to the crowd and the rookie policemen that this is what happens when you commit a crime. He was sending a message to the rookie officers and to the crowd that you don't tell me how to handle my subject. He was puffed up with power in the moment and he was showing who he was to his rookies and the crowd
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                            60- personally I don't know that he was doing it because he was black. Doesn't matter really; this is just one in a long line of questionable police actions against blacks.
                            I haven't heard this anywhere but this is what I got from my experience and from watching the video. He wasn't trying to kill him. He might have been trying to give him some pain but he wasn't trying to kill him. He was sending a message. A message to him but moreso to the crowd and the rookie policemen that this is what happens when you commit a crime. He was sending a message to the rookie officers and to the crowd that you don't tell me how to handle my subject. He was puffed up with power in the moment and he was showing who he was to his rookies and the crowd
                            I imagine that he's an arrogant jerk period.

Comment

I also just heard that over 300 officers have been injured during the riots and there have been over 600 put in their papers to retire or just leave policing period.

Comment

Working...
                              X