No announcement yet.

OT: World Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well... so much for the U.S. being fired up and coming out strong.

Already down 1-0 in the 6th minute.

Comment

US getting handled. 2-0.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Talk about shitting the bed. We're playing terribly right now. We've threatened one time. (and hit the post!)

Comment

Not watching but dude - it's United States soccer.

Tell the Czech Republic we'll play them in Football after the Soccer game...real Football!!!
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Soccer is actually a really cool game. I always forget about it but during World Cup time, I get all caught up.

In World Cup history, teams leading by 2 at halftime are 73-0-4.... soon to be 74-0-4.

Comment

So cool that I watched for about 15 minutes on Saturday (Sweden/Tobago) and it was 0-0.

Then I went to Starbuck's - did nothing for two hours - came home - found out the FINAL score. An exhilirating 0-0.
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                Not watching but dude - it's United States soccer.

Tell the Czech Republic we'll play them in Football after the Soccer game...real Football!!!
                Yeah!! REAL Football!!
                Not a game that's played with a round thing, err, ball and you mainly use your, umm, foot to play the ball........

:P :P :P :P

Comment

Anyone see the ESPN commercial about renaming Football to Soccer? Pretty funny - American arrogance!
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I like that commercial. What I can't stand is those fucking ESPN Mobile commercials with the guy who looks like a dickhead. I hope ESPN Mobile rots in hell!

Comment

ESPN mobile will fail and fail miserably. ESPN's growth is maxed and they are overplying their cards.
                      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                      Playoff Appearances:
                      NFC Title Games:
                      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                        ESPN mobile will fail and fail miserably. ESPN's growth is maxed and they are overplying their cards.
                        It's already failing. I'm glad it is too. It's a stupid service and the last thing we need is more ESPN.

Comment

We got served

Comment

From the Recap on CBS Sportline:
                            "Eager to prove they are among soccer's elite after their surprising quarterfinal finish in South Korea four years ago, the Americans brought their most-talented team ever to this year's tournament. They even got a pregame pep talk from President Bush, who called from Camp David before the game and wished them well. "

The way his luck has been running, this may have been the kiss of death. Whoever answered the phone should have told W that everyone was in the whirlpool!

Comment

That was a painful game to watch. Makes that Italy game on Saturday basically a must-win, which is scary. Still though, gotta keep the faith.
                              The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

It wouldn't have been that bad to get beaten. But we got handled. It was like how we did Atlanta in the NFCCG.

Comment

Working...
                                X