And now the bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now the bad

Obviously I'm not at the game but I know a few who come here occasionally--stevemc, e2000, chip-- get to a lot of the games. I've read Philly papers etc and I certainly know the rep. But I wonder is there anyone with info about fans. Minneapolis radio is blowing up fan conduct at and after the game. Getting beat up in the crapper, beer cans thrown at the fan bus on way to airport, etc.
    In fact, there is a growing contingent saying there needs to be the same treatment to people wearing Eagles gear in Minneapolis over the next two weeks. Radio guys calling for fans to be better than that because there will be more eyes on Minneapolis so they don't want to get the same type of reputation. yada, yada.
    Every city has knuckleheads after big games but there can be no doubt Philly has the rep. Anyone have anything?
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

From what I have read were not many arrests. From what I have heard from some friends at the game is the Vikings fans were quite mouthy and, very disrespectful of our house. That is what participated the Foles Skol chant. They got totally embarrassed so when that happens let make up some shit to make us look bad. I am sure some of them got their ass kick but that is what happens when you come into this city and disrespect us. Eagles fans don't just come up to you and start beating the shit out of you, its usually something that triggers it now our triggers are probably quicker than most but you are in the city of Rocky.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

yup, was all I heard when I walked into work this morning

fans throwing full beer cans at fans faces, blah blah blah

as if I haven't seen the same drunken stuff at Gillette over the years

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
        From what I have read were not many arrests. From what I have heard from some friends at the game is the Vikings fans were quite mouthy and, very disrespectful of our house. That is what participated the Foles Skol chant. They got totally embarrassed so when that happens let make up some shit to make us look bad. I am sure some of them got their ass kick but that is what happens when you come into this city and disrespect us. Eagles fans don't just come up to you and start beating the shit out of you, its usually something that triggers it now our triggers are probably quicker than most but you are in the city of Rocky.
        It's called alcohol.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I've seen videos of some fans having solo cups and cans thrown at them near xfinity live. I was around some Vikings fans during tailgating and they were simply boo'ed but nothing bad. In the game, I had two Vikings fans in front of us. One was really good natured and staying low key (which I feel is how any fan of the opposing team should act in another's stadium) and the other mouthed off some but was crying by the end of the game just due to a lack of mental fortitude. Overall our fans were good from what I witnessed.

Comment

Thanks. Talking s*** goes both ways in every city. The smart person doesn't start when you are in another's world and greatly outnumbered unless you have superman with you.
            And you are right 60 alcohol exacerbates it and little people get among a crowd and suddenly think they are big so they start crap. Hopefully it doesn't make for a bad experience for those traveling to Minneapolis.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

An almost failsafe way of reducing complaints by visiting fans is to kill them rather than just
              beating them severely or throwing full half kegs of beer at them.

Comment

Screw em
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Honestly I grew up going to games with my Dad at the vet. Seats in the last row in section 671 meant our backs were to the 700 level. As a 10 year old kid in those seats I heard it all. I saw it all. I loved it all! You don’t come into another team’s stadium and talk shit and expect to walkout out with all your teeth. I knew that by the time I was 15 and it’s not just about Philadelphia, it’s just plain common sense and decency.

What it all boils down too is that if you don’t want to have a big problem, act like you’re a guest in someone’s home. If you can’t do that stay the hell at home!
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                    Screw em

You want to be a little selective here. For example...

Absolutely!

Probably not!

Comment

Whatever happened to Pocono? He and tino would have made a great 1-2 punch!

Comment

All that I can see here is a city having one hell of a good time

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...es-nfl-vikings

Comment

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                            Really good stuff--- Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                            X