Here's to our best starting LB..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's to our best starting LB..

The real McCoy!!! I guess I'm still at odds with most of the folks here, as I was in my off-season expectations, believing that McCoy is probably our best LB starter. Barber's certainly playing great in his role, but Jones is barely servicable and Trotter seems to have hit that great downhill slide at full speed. Only Lewis has disappointed me more on our D. Meanwhile, McCoy just goes out and is showing energy and speed that outdoes the other two stiffs together. Yeah he overruns some plays with youthfull inexperience, getting caught out of position but damn he can get back in a play fast. He also hits a hell of a lot harder than the bigger Jones. IMHO McCoy is a positive on our D and should be even better as the year goes on. He is key to our turning up the heat. I have no hope for Jones and very limited hope in our old warrior in the middle.

I worry about him wearing down as the year progresses, but he has been fine so far.

And your comments on Jones, frankly I find a bit over the top, IMO, while not setting the world on fire has been fairly steady this year and a big upgrade from last year.

On Trot, while I agree he has not been playing all that well again I think your "down hill" slide comment is/may be a bit premature.

Comment

Fair response MD. I however see Jones as perhaps better than last year but less than 04. He plays decent one day and dissappears the next. Trotter, while I appreciate his leadership, couldn't cover my late Mother. He also has had far less effect with his wrong-way-Corregan downhill guesses than in the past. He seems to be slowing up and not gradually. I hope next year sees an upgrade in MLB. It could be Gaithers as he grows or maybe better, Gocong whose explosive first step could fit in well. I no longer call Trotter, "Traitor". He is cleary an asset but a fading one unfortunately.

Comment

Dutch,

I agree with the point that McCoy is playing well.
        But I am not convinced he's playing as well as Trotter,
        a probowl quality LB.

I'd say that Trotter is not as dominating as he was last
        year but he's doing a pretty good job. And he has an INT.
        Trot's never been a great cover MLB but he's adequate
        and certainly better than the days of Kirkland. Trot's
        knees are an ongoing source of pain and he's one
        of our best warriors on defense.

From what I've seen Dhani is playing better than last year
        which may not be good enough. But it's an improvement.

Comment

I noticed you say "best starting LB". Maybe the problem is that perhaps our best LB (Barber?) doesn't start. We have some young kids that look like they may develop into pretty good LB's but I don't see any good enough to keep Barber on the bench at this time

Trot in coverage? You're being generous. Even in his best years he was always somewhat of a liability in coverage.

Comment

Eagles have Linebackers???? I didn't see them all day....

Comment

Working...
            X