Discussion.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for everyone's thoughts here...

I think the offense is the best Reid has assembled talent-wise, but not the best execution or discipline-wise...is that because of youth in the OL, WR and RB positions? Is it because of too much responsibility put on McNabb? Is it due to players gelling together as a unit? Is it due to Reid/Castillo/Culley/Marty not instructing them well enough?

I have not really seen this many mistakes, penalties, fumbles, dropped balls etc. in a Reid-coached team since maybe 1999...so I have to assume it is just this mix of players and them still not gelling totally or a lack of discipline/focus at times...I think with Runyan, Thomas, McNabb, Westy, Bucky, LJ they should have enough leadership to handle the issues, but maybe some of the vets too are nicked up or struggling along with the youth...

The defense is on the right track IMO, but needs better play from the LB, some of the rotational DE/DT, Lewis at SS and we need Hood back for our CB nickel/dime depth....

We do miss Kearse for sure. The DL unit started out on fire and have slowed without him...

JJ has not lost anything IMO...it is not something you lose after being so successful for so long. It comes down to having the right mix of players, having them all perform to potential and having a good game plan to attack the enemy...we mostly have the right mix although again I worry about LB and CB depth and we really need J-Mac and Rayburn/Ramsey to be that 5th guy...not all are playing to potential right now, but JJ is making good plans from what I see.

Does he adjust well during the games? Sometimes...sometimes the opposing offense just beats us or we beat ourselves, but the only concern I have is the Dawk blitzes....without Dawk in our secondary I get nervous and I do not see Dawk getting to the QB with regularity like he used to...
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I pretty much agree with everyone's thoughts and to add to VFK's info about the DL, it is clear they really miss Kearse. they aren't getting any pressure the last two games at all. Im concerned about the line because if we don't get pressure, we are in real trouble. howard is decent, cole is great and patterson is playing fine but no one else is doing anything

Comment

I take a very simple view of things.

3 plays=7-0

BUT... we're 4-3.

Mistakes, Mistakes, Mistakes. Too many for Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb at this point in their collective careers.

Comment

I thought the offense would be a work in progress with so many new faces in new places. It has been simply amazing what they have been able to do...even with alot of drops and many mistakes. Schobel is not as good as I thought he would be. For what was labelled a pass catching TE...he has an awful set of hands.

I want to take this moment to give kudos to Todd Herremans. He's played great at Guard and gave it one hell of an effort to try to catch Ronde on one of those TD's. Not bad for a fat lineman. I had my doubts about him at guard...he's proved me wrong

I expected the ST's to be better. Maybe it's injuries? I just expected better kickoffs from Akers and better punts from Dirk. I also expected more from the return game.

I expected a hell of alot more from the defense. I think losing Kearse is bigger than any of us realize. However the DE's have all looked good. Darwin has done his typical strong start...here's to hoping we don't see his terrible wearing down slow end. I want to see more of Bunkley. McCoy has looked solid. Dhani looks awful. Michael Lewis has by far been the biggest disapointment on the team.

I kind of felt this team would take a while to gel. If we didn't go up 24-3 on the Giants I may have been OK with losing to them in September. I expected a win over the Saints....but NO played well. We gave Tampa that game. But it is impressive to come back friom down 17 against that D.

All in all I still don't know what to expect from this team. They could be great and they could be average. Maybe this isn't their year to win it all? If so (maybe I am getting older and softer) I am OK with it.

One thing I will say is that cities often get that SB when they least expect it. Look at the Pats with their first. Rams with theirs. Steelers last year. The game is about momentum. If they can fix some things...why not the Eagles in 2006?

One thing that makes me real happy this year is the play of the youth and the sure signs that this team is going to be real good for quite a while. There certainly is no window closing

that was long, huh?

Comment

I'll keep it simple.

I think we have such a potent offense, mainly because McNabb is at his peak, and he's most likely the single most talented QB in the league. Some here say we have the most talented offense ever under Reid, I say it's more that we have McNabb healthy, in his prime physically and mentally. He's the best.

Defensively and on STs, we are not holding up. This is probably the WORST D and STs we've had under Reid. Coombine that with some aparent discipline issues, and you have a team that appears to be under achieving.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

"Some here say we have the most talented offense ever under Reid, I say it's more that we have McNabb healthy, in his prime physically and mentally"

Quote of the week Fresh ! I totally agree.

Comment

I agree too with the comment about McNabb being at his peak, Fresh & Pliny, but look back at the rosters on offense before this year...even in our SB year....the level & depth of talent on this O with Westy, Bucky, Moats, LJ, Schobel, Stallworth, Brown, Baskett, Lewis, Avant, Tapeh, Runyan, Thomas, Andrews etc. is amazing....it is not the best performing O we have had, as i said above, but it is the best talent pool we have had together IMO....its really not even close with 2004 as the only comparison IMO.
                Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

VFK, I don't know that our TEs are producing any better than they were in 2004. Tapeh, Moats and Stallworth don't even seem to be playing, so I can't credit them much for our success. We had Westy, Runyan, LJ and Lewis then, too. And I can't say that having Baskett or Avant is anything to crow about. I credit McNabb for the lion's share of the reason why we are a top offense in this league.

He had a bad game. First time this season that I will say that. And we couldn't overcome that even against one of the worst teams in the league. McNabb is gonna HAVE to carry us this year. If/when Stallworth gets back, that will be an easier job.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                  X