No announcement yet.

SI gives kiss of death to Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SI cover jinx is a joke. Whenever it DOESN'T work, you never hear about it. The 2 or 3 times a year it actually does work, everyone discusses it.

Comment

Yes, it's a joke. What does it tell you that right now it makes more sense to think that a curse would defeat the Eagles on Sunday than the New York Giants? Even you believe that stuff, the Giants will have their hands full. It's like how the Eagles were too rusty to defeat Minnesota in 2004.

I gotta admit, I'm in shock though. Hoge picks us? Garcia on the cover of SI, the "Cinderella" Eagles? Who in the heck would've thought it???

But anyway. The Jints needed an all-time day from Tiki to defeat Washington, and I don't think that they'll get that. They're banged-up and erratic.

My gut still can't believe the Eagles pulled it together, made the playoffs and won the division - again, what a year. My head tells me that if both teams bring their A game, the Eagles still win, and the Eagles have a much better chance than the Giants of bringing their A game on Sunday.

Hell, I'll be honest. I think that the Eagles will win in a blowout.
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I'm with swing on this one - fuck the stupid jinx. There's no way in hell I'm empowering someone associated with Dr. Z as holding some sort of power over the Eagles - or the Phillies or the Flyers. They can have the Sixers, I hate basketball!

Same goes for Hoge. He's a smacked ass who needs a good smacking - preferably with a 2 by 4!! These low lifes who took so much joy in our collapse last year and the struggles we had this season are all shaking right now because the Eagles found their heart and are playing the best football in the league at the right time. We saw what happened to Pittsburgh last year when they turned it on at the end of the season. We may not win the SB this year but it won't be for lack of effort or heart and it certainly won't be due to some asshole NY editor with a hatred for the Eagles who decided to put us on the cover and play up the SI jinx. Fuck them - bring it on!! Win or lose it'll be because of our guys not those scum sucking assholes!! So there!!
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Relax everyone. There is no SI jinx. The cover is about who's had success in the recent past, not some scheme to harm them in the future. BUT, it's really about what they think will sell more copies on the newsstand. And we all know that Philly rules.
          www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

saratoga I hate to say it but SI was only 1 win off for 2 of the 4 NFC East teams and they got the Cowgirls dead on. The only one they really were wrong about was the Redskins who just plain can't play on the field but look great on paper.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I know. I was just keeping track. I think the absurdity of predicting that all 4 teams would have the same record is, well,... absurd.
              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
                saratoga I hate to say it but SI was only 1 win off for 2 of the 4 NFC East teams and they got the Cowgirls dead on. The only one they really were wrong about was the Redskins who just plain can't play on the field but look great on paper.
                Doesn't that mean they only got one in four right? Not a real good %.

Comment

I finally got around to paging through this issue of SI. Does anyone else have it? Did you notice the two page picture of Garcia on page 38 and 39? Did they pic a camera shot that shows his limp wrist on purpose?! Seriously, that's some funny sh!t. Check it out if you didn't notice.

Comment

Working...
                  X