Most overrated player in the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most overrated player in the NFL

There are so many that I'm sick of reading about. Curious as to your thoughts.
    Brett Favre
    0.00%
    Roy Williams
    100.00%
    Sean Taylor
    0.00%
    Michael Vick
    0.00%
    Other - please list
    0.00%

Well Steve as much as I hate Farve I had to go with Vick. Farve was a great QB at one time but the current version is 3 years past his "sell by" date. Vick on the other hand is just plain terrible! He hasn't done anything and likely never will. Williams and Taylor have their moments but just aren't as good as advertised - but Vick never even comes close to performing! He's simply a fabrication of his marketing people.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Shoot. I voted RW, but after reading Jukin's reply, I realise that he's right.
      www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Definitely Vick. He will never carry a team the way people seem to think he can.
        Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

If I came in as a new coach and had a say - I'd see what I could fleece from some other NFL team that has bought into the hype. The Falcons would be much better off getting what they can for Vick and putting Schaub in at QB. They'd take a huge cap hit but they might have the room to take it on.

Comment

Dangelo Hall.

Falcons = 29th in pass defense in the NFL and they gave up 100 yard receiving almost weekly to individual WR's.

Overhyped garbage.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Where's ROMO, pro bowl my tuccass.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                Dangelo Hall.

Falcons = 29th in pass defense in the NFL and they gave up 100 yard receiving almost weekly to individual WR's.

Overhyped garbage.
                And he's huge asshole to boot.

Comment

Dangelo Hall.

Overhyped garbage.
                  Hate to say it, but I disagree on Hall. The Falcons secondary was decimated by injuries earlier in the season, and it played a major roll in their demise. Hall is an a$$hole, but he's not nearly as over-rated as everyone else on the list. Not by a long shot.

And, I have to agree on Vick. He's easily the most over-rated player in the league. It's obvious that Favre is past his prime, but like Jukin said, he was a good QB at one time, whereas Vick hasn't, and never will do $hit. Roy Williams would be second on my list. He is a total liability in coverage, and shouldn't have made the pro bowl either.

Comment

SCHOCKY!!!!!!!!!SCHOCKY!!!!!!!!!!SCHOCKY!!!!!!!!!! !
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
                      Dangelo Hall.

Overhyped garbage.
                      Hate to say it, but I disagree on Hall. The Falcons secondary was decimated by injuries earlier in the season, and it played a major roll in their demise. Hall is an a$$hole, but he's not nearly as over-rated as everyone else on the list. Not by a long shot.

And, I have to agree on Vick. He's easily the most over-rated player in the league. It's obvious that Favre is past his prime, but like Jukin said, he was a good QB at one time, whereas Vick hasn't, and never will do $hit. Roy Williams would be second on my list. He is a total liability in coverage, and shouldn't have made the pro bowl either.
                      Good Post!

Agree on both points. Hall is a loud mouth, smack talking, asshole, but he can play. And Vick is just not even close to being "As Advertised"-- although I did have to think a bit considering how bad both RW and ST are.

Comment

Vick definitely the most over-rated and the funny part is that if Favre was the Atlanta QB they would be a playoff team this year.

You guys can talk all you want about the merits of DeAngelo Hall but I agree with BP about Hall. I understand team being decimated by injuries but this guy has not to this day shown me he cannot be beaten regulary. From Steve Smith to Joey Galloway to TO to Hines Ward to Marques Colston to just about anyone he lines up against.
                        I miss Philly!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60
                          SCHOCKY!!!!!!!!!SCHOCKY!!!!!!!!!!SCHOCKY!!!!!!!!!! !
                          I have to agree with 60...Shockey is a fraud IMO.

Vick is pretty routinely bashed in the media which have led to his recent outbursts that he has "proven them wrong"...

I was going to say Brian Urlacher before I saw 60's post...or Ray Ray...
                          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

OMG, this has got to be Vick in a landslide! Please, the guy absolutely stinks!!!! Atleast a guy like Favre as DONE something!

I would give Eli a close second, up until a few weeks ago. Seems even the media is now starting to realize this kid has major flaws.
                            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Fresh One, over-rated means to me that it is a player who the media & fans consistently praise and laud even though his talent and performance do not earn such treatment...

Vick is, as I said above, pretty routinely bashed by media and fans and so would not be over-rated...rather he would be stinky and people know it.

Favre or Ray Ray or Shockey or Urlacher IMO are better choices because they are routinely praised over the top by media & fans even though they have either lost their skills or were never "all that" to begin with...
                              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                              X