No announcement yet.

Bye Bye Koy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As what? The teams' personal groomer?? LOL!
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

LOL,,, He knows this O and how Reid wants it run, he will work cheap and Reid just loves the guy. They will find a spot for him, asst QB's coach or the team leader in shaving gel commercials!

Comment

Hey Steve is there a rule that a player has to be listed as the QB to play that position? Can't they list Schobel as a receiver and let him hold? He can always throw the ball regardless of what position he is "officially" listed at. Besides, if he ever enters a game as a QB we're screwed anyway since it means we're down to our #3 QB. Why not let him run a few routes during an early season game without ever seeing a ball thrown his way and call him a WR/Holder and list him as the emergency QB like they did with Brian Mitchell.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

No Juke - I think you are misunderstanding my post. Don't worry - it happens all the time with my gibberish. Your emergency QB (#3 on the depth chart) can not enter a game until the 4th quarter. That is essentially why Koy has been listed as the #2 QB so he can hold. But with Garcia as the #2, I can't see the Birds allowing Koy or any other QB with the sole purpose of holding to be ahead of Garcia on the depth chart.

You can have any active player hold so Schobel or Dirk Johnson or whomever can hold. That is why I'm saying the Birds will probably push for a non-QB to hold so they don't have to push Garcia to #3 on the depth chart. And if a non-QB holds, I think you can add some $ to our salary cap (YES!!!) because Koy will be cut.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
            LOL,,, He knows this O and how Reid wants it run, he will work cheap and Reid just loves the guy. They will find a spot for him, asst QB's coach or the team leader in shaving gel commercials!
            * So does Doug Pederson.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Let me try to be a little more clear. Brian Mitchell was able to return kicks even though he was the EQB (emergency QB) but Detmer isn't allowed to hold unless he's the #2 QB. My question is this: are the rules different for the emergency QB position if the player listed as the EQB is also on the roster as a QB (verses another position?)

If the answer is yes, "if the EQB is listed as a QB on the roster and he enters a game it prevents the starting QB from returning but if the EQB is listed as another position it doesn't prevent the starter from returning" then why can't we just list Koy as another postion (for example WR) and keep Garcia as the #2 QB and Koy as the holder?

If the answer is 'no the rules are the same', then how was Mitchell allowed to return kicks even though he was the EQB?

Comment

Koy Detmer stinks.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
                  Let me try to be a little more clear. Brian Mitchell was able to return kicks even though he was the EQB (emergency QB) but Detmer isn't allowed to hold unless he's the #2 QB. My question is this: are the rules different for the emergency QB position if the player listed as the EQB is also on the roster as a QB (verses another position?)

If the answer is yes, "if the EQB is listed as a QB on the roster and he enters a game it prevents the starting QB from returning but if the EQB is listed as another position it doesn't prevent the starter from returning" then why can't we just list Koy as another postion (for example WR) and keep Garcia as the #2 QB and Koy as the holder?

If the answer is 'no the rules are the same', then how was Mitchell allowed to return kicks even though he was the EQB?
                  I see what you are saying but remember you can only dress 45 guys on Sunday. Are you really going to list Koy as a WR or something else in order for him to hold and take away a roster spot rather than having an extra LB, RB or WR available to you on gameday?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                    Koy Detmer stinks.
                    Nobody said he didn't-- in the last 3 years. Although many thought he rocked for ---------- one game!

As for Pederson you're right, but Coy has been here a lot longer and knows Reids version of the O better than anyone other than Mcnabb , IMO. Doesn't mean he can run it cause of the physical restrictions but the knowledge is there and I think Reid taps it.

Comment

If it were me Koy would have been gone long ago!! Is it worth it to take up another active spot? No but I would have replaced Koy as the holder a long time ago with (presumably) someone else already on the active squad so this would have been addressed already. I think this is a problem only because Andy has allowed this slug to remain on the team long after it was obvious that he should be cut. At some point we needed to make the moves to replace him as the holder - but as they say, better late than never!

Comment

My prediction:

#1 - McNabb
                        #2 - Garcia
                        #3 - Detmer

PS - Nordgren
                        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                        Playoff Appearances:
                        NFC Title Games:
                        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Koy sucks like no QB has ever sucked before...heh heh, heh heh....
                          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Until last year, AR may have been able to persuade himself that, while Koy obviously had limited talent as a passer, he was a "serviceable" back-up QB, because he "knew the system" and Akers liked the "cut of his jib" (pathetic attempt at maritime humour).

However, afterlast season's ground-breaking display of ineffectiveness as a passer, that rationale will no longer pass muster. While I suppose an arguement (very unpersuasive) can be made for Mahe having a roster spot....versatility, reliabilty, cheapabilty blah, blah, blah...there can no longer be ANY arguement for Detmer being on a team that has champoinship aspirations.

While often not fully agreeing with personnell moves under AR, I can at least usually understand the logic. But if Koy makes the roster again this year it will be BEYOND ILLOGICAL...it would be a decision straight from Bizarro World, where everything is opposite what it should be.

That being the case, I would be willing to bet up to $7.49 that Koy will not be on the active roster come September.

Comment

I'll bet you $.31 that Koy is gone too.
                              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                              Playoff Appearances:
                              NFC Title Games:
                              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno
                                Until last year, AR may have been able to persuade himself that, while Koy obviously had limited talent as a passer, he was a "serviceable" back-up QB, because he "knew the system" and Akers liked the "cut of his jib" (pathetic attempt at maritime humour).

However, afterlast season's ground-breaking display of ineffectiveness as a passer, that rationale will no longer pass muster. While I suppose an arguement (very unpersuasive) can be made for Mahe having a roster spot....versatility, reliabilty, cheapabilty blah, blah, blah...there can no longer be ANY arguement for Detmer being on a team that has champoinship aspirations.

While often not fully agreeing with personnell moves under AR, I can at least usually understand the logic. But if Koy makes the roster again this year it will be BEYOND ILLOGICAL...it would be a decision straight from Bizarro World, where everything is opposite what it should be.

That being the case, I would be willing to bet up to $7.49 that Koy will not be on the active roster come September.
                                Good post... and I agree while Mahe isn't gonna make the HOF he does add something more than Coy does anymore.

I still say Coach Coy! Ass't to the Ass't QB coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X