Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A number of Giants stand to lose Bonuses if lock-out lasts a while...Including Shawn Andrews. Shame.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A number of Giants stand to lose Bonuses if lock-out lasts a while...Including Shawn Andrews. Shame.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...due-to-lockout

Some Giants could lose big bucks due to lockout

There’s the perception that NFL players will not lose money, or start to lose serious money, during this labor stoppage until training camp is interrupted.

But that isn’t true for some players and a few New York Giants.

According to a report by ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter, five Giants could lose some big bucks in offseason workout bonuses depending on how long the lockout goes.

Offensive lineman Shawn Andrews and quarterback Eli Manning each have a $500,000 workout bonus in their contracts. Both must participate in 90% of the team’s offseason workouts to trigger the bonus.

Whenever a new collective bargaining agreement is reached, Giants general manager Jerry Reese will have 30 days to make a decision on Andrews' contract. The offensive lineman is scheduled to collect a $3.5 million bonus on the 30th day of the league’s new year.

Linebacker Michael Boley and safety Antrel Rolle can earn $250,000 each by participating in 90% of offseason workouts.

And defensive end Justin Tuck has a $150,000 workout bonus if he attends 90% of the offseason workouts.

I'm not a lawyer but it would seem to me that if the league (or team) didn't hold any off season workouts the players should be granted the bonuses automatically. Why should they be penalized if the team didn't hold any off season work outs? It would be different if they didn't participate, but if there's nothing to participate in why should that cost the player money?
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
      I'm not a lawyer but it would seem to me that if the league (or team) didn't hold any off season workouts the players should be granted the bonuses automatically. Why should they be penalized if the team didn't hold any off season work outs? It would be different if they didn't participate, but if there's nothing to participate in why should that cost the player money?
      Stop it. What's important is that Giants will be losing money.

Comment

What's the fun in that? I'd rather see them play the games and earn their money by getting the shit kicked out of them every single week!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          That sounds like a crock of shit to me to Juk. When they ever do settle, I'll bet that will be one of the sticking points.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Seems to me that if the lockout holds all offseason, then Eli Manning and Shawn Andrews will have attended 100% of the offseason workouts.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK View Post
              Seems to me that if the lockout holds all offseason, then Eli Manning and Shawn Andrews will have attended 100% of the offseason workouts.
              Technically, 0 divided by 0 is not 100%.

Comment

Shocker...

The Giants can save $7.333 million under the salary cap by releasing OT Shawn Andrews before the season.

This move will happen with a quickness after the lockout. It's also a reason to be wary of jumping to conclusions about free agent activity based on "projected cap numbers" on ESPN.com. Teams can redo contracts, cut players with bloated salaries, and extend other players with bloated salaries to spread out their cap hits to save room. Every team in the league should be able to make at least one big move for an outside free agent if they choose.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                  Technically, 0 divided by 0 is not 100%.

Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin'.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                    Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin'.

Thank you Billy Preston! (You now tino, you have more hair than I imagined!)

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                      Shocker...
                      The owners bitch like hell about the salary cap being too high, and as soon as the ink is on the paper they try to find a way around it to spend more. And I'm supposed to believe one word out of there mouths? Let's get real here.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                      X