X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a better name in football...

... then Hannibal Navies?

Maybe R.W. McQuarters

Maybe Antwaan Randle El or Reno Mahe or Adewale Ogunleye. Those are all pretty cool. But I don't think anyhting tops He Hate Me.
    http://www.canuckheaven.com/upload/canttouch.jpg

Comment

I dunno, Raven's LB T.J. Slaughter has a pretty good name too...just something about a guy named Slaughter that makes him intimidating.

Comment

Quentin Jammer. especially since he's a CB.
        Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

I like Champ Bailey too. But love Hannibal Navies, former Buff.

Jammer is great. Almost feel like he should be the best just by his name alone.

Comment

Ok, what's the best real name of all time? (so no nicknames like Gizmo Williams")

I think Sterling Sharpe is excellent.
            Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

I know the best named brother's are Champ and Boss Bailey. Gutsy parents.

Quentin Jammer is the best of the modern era. Dick Butkis rules the old-schoolers. No one dares laugh at the ubsurdity of his name, which is what makes it so great.
              I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Dick Butkis has to win hands down. Good call Trufresh.

While it's not on par w/ Jammer, Navies, etc. Priest Holmes is a great name. And I've always liked Jeremiah Trotter too, but I'm probably just being a homer.

Comment

Priest is unique, but it sounds sort of sissy to me. Now don't freak out all of you religious zealots.

Comment

It would be better if his name was Preacher Holmes. If he weighed 150 Priest would be a sissy name, but that dude is built! I know what you're saying tho.

How about Deacon Jones? Great name.

Comment

Good one, Will. Mercury Morris was a good one, as was his fullback's last name: Czonka.

Comment

What about Bronko Nagurski?

Comment

Good first name-last name combo. Broncooooo Naguuuuurskeeeeeeee.

Two words: Zeke Mowatt.

Comment

Working...
                          X