Don't Panic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Panic

Guys... what is going on in Philadelphia right now with this FanBase.

STOP HITTING THE PANIC BUTTON.

Step 1 of the plan was fire Chip Kelly so somebody else could be hired and Lurie would be off the hook for that money.

Step 2 would be to case a wide net. Gase, McAdoo, Schurmer, Duce, Coughlin. Pederson. there could be others still guys. Patricia, McDermott could STILL be interviewed guys. Lovie Smith.

Step 3. Hire a coach.

And let's say it is Doug Pederson.

who the F do we think we are in thinking that is NOT a good choice. I can remember not being all that excited about Andy Reid either and we all know what happened there. And the same people that are bagging on Pederson in Philly are the people that thought Chip could walk on water.

This doesn't have to be a catastrophe guys. This could be great.

My issue is no defensive coordinator right now. That does worry me some...but what if we bring Lovie Smith in to run the defense. Or what if there is another guy that we don't know about like the Seahawks D Coordinator, or another guy we just don't know about.

Also...why do you guys hate on Howie so much. Stop it. Howie didn't do the deal for Bradford or pay some of these guys the money they got this offseason. That was Chip.

Howie MIGHT HAVE drafted Marcus Smith but if he did then wasn't it Chip that wasn't playing him.

I think Howie draft Cox, MK, Lane Johnson, and Jordan Matthews. I think he also swung the trades for Ryans...which worked innitially... and Sproles.

The biggest thing we have to worry about right now is either signing Sam Bradford...which I hope we don't do...or getting something for him if we lose him.

Get the right coach. Maybe it is Doug Pederson. If you remember right in Andy's first year we went 5-11 and we beat the eventual Super Bowl champs the Rams late in that year. The next year we went to the playoffs after the pickle juice game and the rest was history.

Stop panicking guys who the f do we think we are to know who is and who is NOT a good football coach.

Jeff has gotten this right twice with Ray and Andy I think. He got it wrong with Chip...really wrong...but 90 percent of the fan base thought he got it right there and were incredibly wrong.

So please just stop it. I love you guys but this is not a death sentence.

Next year is going to suck guys most likely but after that whose to say.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Sorry.... but who exactly is panicking?

Comment

I'm not panicking but I am not real pleased either.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

No panic but concerned.

Comment

After the anointing of Chip as our savior, I just want someone who can get this team back on its feet. And then start winning some games. It's not going to be the easiest job, but it might just be the most rewarding head coaching job in the long term.

Comment

AW,

There is a lot of distance between panicking and being resigned.

Comment

not panicking. But will stand behind my belief that firing Kelly was the wrong move and will end up biting us in the ass (aka, Kelly will win a title before we do)

I think Gold Standard is still in Jeffy's head and yet the rest of the league does not share that same belief

Comment

Wait, this is still Philly. I thought we were empowered to always overreact.

Comment

Why would anyone panic - Howie apparently does everything right. I'm sure he'll find the next great coach.

Comment

I think Lurie/Roseman look like idiots.

They liked McAdoo and he understandably stays in NY. So then why do you pursue and make it known you are after Coughlin only to have him say "Sorry, all my guys are under contract in NY and staying so I can't field a coaching staff." It's like they've centered on 3 guys (Gase included) and whiffed. Now watch Chip begin to take assistants we'd like to keep. I hope Fipp is under contract still.

Comment

Reading Twitter I am seeing panic. I trust Lurie.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post

They liked McAdoo and he understandably stays in NY. So then why do you pursue and make it known you are after Coughlin only to have him say "Sorry, all my guys are under contract in NY and staying so I can't field a coaching staff." It's like they've centered on 3 guys (Gase included) and whiffed. Now watch Chip begin to take assistants we'd like to keep. I hope Fipp is under contract still.

Hopefully Chip will take Billy D.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                          Reading Twitter I am seeing panic. I trust Lurie.

So did she.....

Oooops....

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post

Who says the Eagles made that known? May have been McAdoo's agent trying to force the Giants into making up their mind. Their interest in Coughlin predated the Giants hiring of McAdoo, so once that happened (thus meaning all the Giants coaches would keep their jobs), that probably changed Coughlin's situation as well.

Comment

So.... there is this report (found in comments on Lawlor's site):

http://www.minerrush.com/2016/1/14/1...ordinator-spot

Apparently the Eagles have hired Ken Flajole as defensive coordinator. He was the defensive coordinator in St. Louis from 2009-2011, and two of those years Shurmur was there as offensive coordinator.

So, it looks strongly like the Eagles may have effectively hired Shurmur as head coach. Which would also mean they would try to retain Bradford.

Comment

Working...
                              X