Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Carter Extended

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5801293

The Philadelphia Flyers have signed star forward Jeff Carter to a multiyear extension, the team confirmed Saturday.

Carter and the Flyers agreed to an 11-year, $58 million contract extension, a source confirmed to ESPN.com

Carter, 25, was slated to become a restricted free agent July 1.
    This makes me want to vomit. That is too many years and probably includes a no trade clause. I was looking forward to his potential cap relief.

He has no position, he can't play center on this team and can't play with Richards and I have serious questions about his work ethic and how hard he goes on the ice.

i'm not a fan of carter's game, he floats too much for my taste, but the man can score goals and his contract looks pretty cap-friendly to me.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

It's a really cap friendly deal overall. I have no problem with it. I know people hate how he disappears in the playoffs but he's in another productive season and he wants to be here AND he does help you get a good seed for the playoffs. We have our core locked up (aside from Leino and they are working on him). Jeff Carter is only 25 years old remember.

Comment

Did anyone notice him missing in this series?

No? Didn't think so.

Comment

I'm fine with moving Carter for a goalie.
          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Working...
          X