Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles sign WR Mike Wallace

Torey Smith replacement 1 yr deal can't be for much
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

I thought about him as a possibility. He can still fly.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

2.5 million plus incentives. So half the price to replace Torey Smith. Howie is pretty darn good at this. If you told me we could trade Torey Smith for Mike Wallace, Daryl Worley and 2.5 mill in cap space I would say where can I sign up.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Saw him here in Balto. Solid. Good speed. Probably better than Smith at this point in their careers.

Had a bad rep in Maimi, but nothing but good stuff in Balto and Minny.

Guy does want the ball and will let you know when he doesn't get it, but is a hard worker and the young guys love him.

Comment

a little older than Smith, but faster and better hands and production

I like it

Comment

Luckily we have someone who likes to go deep
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I like this signing as a replacement for Smith on a 1tr deal. Nice Move!
              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

He's been a pain in the ass everywhere that he's played. On the other hand the 2 guys before him (Maclin and Smith) were loved by their teammates. I hope that he smartens up.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  He's been a pain in the ass everywhere that he's played. On the other hand the 2 guys before him (Maclin and Smith) were loved by their teammates. I hope that he smartens up.
                  I didn’t hear any of that in Baltimore.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

If he is a good team mate, I see a guy with some real talent. Smith had speed, but Wallace IMO is faster. Flacco has a big arm and he never threw a deep ball that Wallace didn't have to come back for according to last years highlights. Dude is a burner.

I hope the locker room is strong enough for the changes, but IMO talent wise this is a great deal at 2.5 million. We need to see if he's a problem child.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Just isn't true 60. He was very well liked in both Balto and Minny, and I think most of the guys in Pitt liked him.

Comment

I haven't seen Wallace play since he was with the Steelers. He is older now (31) but he could flat out fly then. And, unlike Torrey Smith, he usually caught the ball.

If we're comparing off-field antics, I've heard little if anything about Wallace compared to Bennett. I'm going to trust that Howie and his crew did their homework on Wallace.

Jeffrey, Ertz, and a reborn Agholor make a very potent threesome . If Wallace can still run and if Sproles can return as a threat out of the back field that swill have opposing D coordinators losing lots of sleep.

Imagine if Donnie Mac had had these guys to throw to.

Comment

While the end result remains to be seen, I like this move

Comment

I'll have to take your word for it MD. I'll just counter that Baltimore had a lousy passing offense this season and it seems strange that they would let their best receiver go.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I'll have to take your word for it MD. I'll just counter that Baltimore had a lousy passing offense this season and it seems strange that they would let their best receiver go.
                              He’s far from being a one. We only need his speed. And hopefully he catches it when thrown to.

Comment

Working...
                              X