Clear All

McNabb and Reid.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

McNabb has been here a long time, and knows what he is doing. Plus, it's going to be basically the same system, and terminology. If he doesn't know the system by now, he never will. Losing Brad will have minimal impact. It would be different if McNabb was in yr 1 or 2, or if he had to learn a new system, under a new coordinator. They brought Marty on board in anticipation of this to begin with. Reid figured Brad would get a shot at some point, so they prepared for it.

We'll be fine there.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofthegame76
        I think the offense won't be affected much. Very little if anything. Donovan's been there for a while, the system stays in place, Reid either way ruled the offensive calls and plays, and Childress was essentially his right hand. Maybe it develops into a good thing after all.

However, if Jim Johnson were to leave...we'd be in trouble.
        This is the closest to how I feel. AR ran the O, so Childress may not have been as important as we want to think. I think he is top notch, so losing him would be a big drop if not for having a pretty good replacement sitting in the shadows. If we had to bring in Marty from outside, the loss would have been bigger.

I'm sure the Iggles will keep what was good from the Childress/AR era and will try some new wrinkles with Marty. This is what is needed in the NFL to keep winning. You can't be stale. I'm just glad we still have Castillo. Losing him would really help.
        Pedro

Comment

You turkeys are all missing the main point here. Brad Childress had a multi-year mind lock with Andy on their WC offense. Now with Marty taking over after having to eat humble pie while in waiting, we will be forced to suffer through his proven propensity to run a balanced offense. That spells more running and less passing. That is the real evil of this changeover!

Comment

There is only ONE player left on the offense from when Brad Childress was a coach for the Eagles: Todd Herremans.

Things change so quickly in the NFL. Here today, gone tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X