O-line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-line

I know that the game plan was probably to run a lot out of 12 personnel and that went out the window once Goedert got hurt but our run blocking on Sunday was terrible.

The o-line is supposed to be the strength of our team and they were really bad. I hope we get back to running the ball and taking some of the heat off of Wentz otherwise he won't last the season.

Collinsworth isn't our favorite guy but I had to agree with his assessment on Sunday that our best players on the field (the o-line) weren't being used effectively. Doug really needs to lean on those guys the next two weeks.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

I think that Atlanta was playing with their hair on fire and we weren't. Their line play was excellent. Despite that we were right there but gagged it away. Then there was Al Riveron's arrogance striking again. Wentz took another terrific beating. No wonder he gets the injury prone tag.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      I think that Atlanta was playing with their hair on fire and we weren't. Their line play was excellent. Despite that we were right there but gagged it away. Then there was Al Riveron's arrogance striking again. Wentz took another terrific beating. No wonder he gets the injury prone tag.
      Wentz got hit low (in the left knee!) early in the game and came up pointing to his knee. At first I had flashback to 2017 but I think he was trying to tell the ref that was a low hit. The Atlanta player might have been blocked into him but I can't remember. I thought that hit on the knee might have thrown off his footwork after that as he was probably having flashbacks also.
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Suemolo was so terrible on Sunday night it really threw off the entire line. 3 penalties, 2 sacks ,3 hurries and consistently was pushed back in the run game.
        Add in Big V trying to play tight end and he got two more penalites and it made for a long night.

With oline play you are only as good as your weakest link. Suemolo was the weakest link on Sunday night and his numbers show why the Eagles struggled in both the run game and the protecting Carson.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I agree the majority of the issue was Seumalo. I'd add that I think he was up against an excellent DLineman and that Atl had an excellent D game plan against the OL. In some interview somewhere Kelce said he went to the other sideline for a couple of reasons but one had to do with concentrating on what was happening on the lines. The OL might concentrate less on the ESPN body issue and put some time in the mind issue
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            I agree the majority of the issue was Seumalo. I'd add that I think he was up against an excellent DLineman and that Atl had an excellent D game plan against the OL. In some interview somewhere Kelce said he went to the other sideline for a couple of reasons but one had to do with concentrating on what was happening on the lines. The OL might concentrate less on the ESPN body issue and put some time in the mind issue
            Kelce was thinking how the hell can Seumalo be this bad. What the hell else can I do to help him.

I noticed Peters started to slide over toward Seumalo more as the game went on that opened up Peters to getting beat.

Yes Seumalo went up against a damn good lineman in Jarrett but the Eagles knew that going into the game. They should have game planed against that with more double teams etc.
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
              Kelce was thinking how the hell can Seumalo be this bad. What the hell else can I do to help him.

I noticed Peters started to slide over toward Seumalo more as the game went on that opened up Peters to getting beat.

Yes Seumalo went up against a damn good lineman in Jarrett but the Eagles knew that going into the game. They should have game planed against that with more double teams etc.
              They might have done exactly that and I’m guessing that Goedert and 12 personnel would have been a huge part of the game plan. Goedert is a really good blocking TE, way better than Ertz. If he’s in there, then Peters is freed up a bit to help Issac.
              Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
              X