No announcement yet.

Divisional Concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE! Those stats are totally useless. I don't think that there were more than a handful of decent defenses in the NFL last year. And somebody is going to tell me that our defense was somehow number 10 in the league? Hogwash!! Stats, stats, stats-you can make them say anything that you want them to. Our defense blew last year. Sucked pondwater. You've got to be friekin kidding me. I've heard some crap around here. Hell, I've probably thrown mine around too. But this is rediculous.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I'm hoping the defense is much improved,but I can't get the constant image of Rbs/WRs running through the defense like driving through cones in drivers training.We added pieces,but the preseason did nothing to give me a good feeling,no questions were answered,actually more questions were added and until we play for real we just won't know. I see a ton of potential,but.....
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

No questions were answered? Eagles D led the NFL in multiple categories this year in the preseason...things like yards allowed, points allowed etc.

Sure its preseason and I know, they are just more pesky stats, but I think outside of one quarter vs the Steelers and maybe one drive vs the Browns, I thought the D looked much better...
        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

what about vs the Patriots subs? gotta take the "bad" with the "good".

That being said, I don't get too worked up either way about preseason. Looking forward to seeing what this team can do with live ammo tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
            what about vs the Patriots subs? gotta take the "bad" with the "good".
            That was a disasterous game on multple fronts, and it was supposed to be their dress rehearsal game for the regular season. To get taken out to lunch by New England's second stringers, without Brady like that, in a game where they were actually looking to get some things going was not, NOT a good sign at all. You just can't spin that one.

We're going to find out quick too. I think the Eagles have too much talent to lose to the Browns. It will be close, I think, but they'll win. However, the Ravens are coming to Philly after that. If they play like they played against NE, they are going to get smoked.

In the end, I think it boils down to this: We have ReidCo, or AndyMarty, or whatever you want to call it on offense, and Juan running the defense. That makes me really, really nervous.

Comment

We've got so much talent on offense, we should score 24+ a game.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                We've got so much talent on offense, we should score 24+ a game.

We should. But we won't. Being smarter than everyone else has it's pitfalls.

Comment

Working...
                X