Passing League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing League

Man, more signals the NFL is truly a pass first league now....no RB taken in the 1st round for the first time in 50 years and a big focus on OL and pass rushers galore...protect your QB, rush the opponent's QB and pass, pass, pass...
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Yup. A stud OT will last you 10 years. A Rb gives you...5?

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post
      Man, more signals the NFL is truly a pass first league now....no RB taken in the 1st round for the first time in 50 years and a big focus on OL and pass rushers galore...protect your QB, rush the opponent's QB and pass, pass, pass...
      When Chip starts running it 60 percent of the time, you can go root for the Chiefs!
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I think Kelly is smarter than that, he may run alot in certain games/matchups, but believe me Casey, Celek, McCoy, Jackson, Maclin et al. are going to be utilized in the up-tempo pass game. Its absolutely necessary to be an elite offense and score points especially with a defense that is still in its growing pains

I'm all for balance and being very good in both facets (run, pass), but the league has definitely swung in the pass-first direction and so if you cannot protect your QB, defend the pass, rush the QB and have a viable pass attack your team is dead meat...
        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

IF the OL is healthy, we have all the tools to run a terrific, balanced attack. Shady and Brown (if he can keep from fumbling) are a terrific 1/2 punch. Then you've got Casey, Ertz and Celek for the middle of the field, with Jackson and Maclin on the outside and pretty crafty Avant for the slot. I know they won't all be on the field at the same time, but there are enough formations and possible mismatches to run defenses crazy. Health is the key. Defense is clearly an issue, but we did have improved LB play last year, have beefed up the DL w Soap and Bennie, and have brought in at least serviceable secondary guys in Phillips and Williams. I am sure we'll add some depth tomorrow. I would end the Michael Vick experience and give the car keys to Foles for a year. If he fails, you get a qb next year in a qb rich draft. The team could be exciting ... although exciting could be different from good.
          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Working...
          X