Then and Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then and Now

Fun to look at the similarities of Reid's opening game in 2000 and Kelly's first game last night. The big difference was Reid was starting his second season with the Birds, not first.

Both were on the road vs division opponents; Reid vs Dallas and Kelly vs Washington

In both games, the Eagles were coming off a tough season and most figured they were going to get stomped

Both became blow-outs, but for the Eagles instead of the favorite

Both highlighted an Eagles RB having a darn good day; Staley cut loose for 201 yds and Shady 184

The half time scores were eerily similar...24-6 in 2000 and 26-7 last night

The 2000 game is known as the pickle juice game...last night's game? The Tempo Bowl?
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Don't mean to disagree but wasn't Reid's first game at home against Arizona. We got out to a big lead but lost?
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Re reading. Pickle juice game u bet!
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
        Don't mean to disagree but wasn't Reid's first game at home against Arizona. We got out to a big lead but lost?
        That was it, to Jake Plummer

Comment

If I recall correctly, the Eagles knocked Troy Aikman out of the game in that 2000 game. (Actually, I think Aikman pretty much didn't play the rest of the season, and that was the last season of his career.) They didn't knock out RG3 last night.

Comment

They hit RGIIIIIIII as hard as Aikman, but the guy can take a hit. Even though he didn't leave after those hits, his ego was knocked out of the game.

I like the kid and the way he responds to getting hit...not pointing fingers, whining and bitching and jumping up and down like the idiots in Dullass and Gnats.

I want the skins to beat the Girls and Gnats, so I am glad he made it out alive.
            Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
              That was it, to Jake Plummer
              Didn't we lose 24-23 and we had that tall receiver drop a sure pass that would have put us in FG range to win the game. He then went to Atlanta and had a few good years. What was that guys name? Finneran?

If Washington would have come back and won then it would really have been similar to Reid's start.
              Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

four more minutes in that game and they might have won
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Yeah, I believe that there have only been 4 coaches in NFL history who have won there debut game. Chip is in rarified air here. Add in that it was on the road, Monday Night, against the division Champs, and it is even more impressive.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                    four more minutes in that game and they might have won
                    That's got to get Chip thinking. Maybe he can't run clock with the lead. Maybe he has to keep his foot on the gas.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      That's got to get Chip thinking. Maybe he can't run clock with the lead. Maybe he has to keep his foot on the gas.
                      Big time. They got away from what was working, slowed things down, and got out of synch. The idea was to go up tempo, and wear the Skins down. They ran 53 plays in the first half, and they had them gassed. They should have gone up tempo in the second half, and by mid 4th quarter they probably could have walked into the enzone because the Skins defense would have been to busy sucking wind to stop them. They are going to have to learn that when you get your thumb on someone, you bury their asses deep. That should have been a blowout.

Comment

VFK - don't mean to burst your bubble but the pickle juice game was the 1st game of Reid's 2nd season.

Comment

I don't know if they could have maintained the uptempo offense. Our guys looked gassed as well. Could have been Washington making adjustments but they just didn't look as lively. Vick's accuracy was also last season-esque in the second half.

Comment

I don't think Chip slowed things down because our guys were gassed. McCoy was gassed, and I think they need to work Brown in more if they are going to run that much. But, they slowed things down because they were up 33-7, and conventional wisdom dictates that you go into clock burning mode at that point. They also played a lot of soft deep zone on defense, which allowed the Skins to find some rhythm, and get going.

I can't help but think that had they defied conventional wisdom, and stayed hurry up along with blitzing the living shit out of RGIII, they would have blown the Skins completely out, instead of allowing them to get back in the game.

Comment

There is no comparison between the two. Ever seen our Iggs looking like THIS?

Yes, those are our offensive tackles out there with our WRs.
                              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                              X