Ending of Washington-Dallas game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ending of Washington-Dallas game

Without the Dallas snipes, what did you guys think about the call? The center said that's the way he's done it for 14 years.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ns/1725420002/
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I thought it was a BS call.
    Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

He clearly moved the ball. That drew the defense off sides. Don’t know how many times it’s actually called but it’s a penalty.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I've looked at that thing about 20 times and still can't make up my mind. I'm thinking that if the Skins didn't jump it wouldn't have been called. The ref looked like he wasn't going to throw a flag either until Washington jumped.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          I'm thinking that if the Skins didn't jump it wouldn't have been called. The ref looked like he wasn't going to throw a flag either until Washington jumped.

I believe that is the 'sum and substance' of the call. He clearly moved the ball slightly (twice I believe) but if Wash doesn't react and not only enter the neutral zone but, more importantly, contact a Dallas player, no call would have been made. Once contact had been made, something had to be called.

I actually would prefer it to have been a demonstrably terrible, unfair call that robbed Dallas. That would fuck with Jerry's head and the head of Puke fans even more.

Comment

Its a BS call. He did not make what I consider to be a move to snap, he repositioned it to snap. Centers do this all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              I've looked at that thing about 20 times and still can't make up my mind. I'm thinking that if the Skins didn't jump it wouldn't have been called. The ref looked like he wasn't going to throw a flag either until Washington jumped.
              This. Guy can do it that way for years... but if the D jumps it is a penalty.

Comment

Working...
              X