The Fresh is gonna kick this thing right in the ass thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
    See - that's where being fat and having bitch tits has its advantages!!!

Only using your left hand? I thought with the cigar club, you could go both ways! You know - amphibious!
    I heard the Cigar Club recommendation in these situations was: just have em put it in your ass.

also, thanks for joining the thread, Charles Shackleford.

Comment

High top fade and all bitch!

Comment

Fresh,

So very glad to 'hear' the good news about the lack of spread of the cancer. Was not aware of this thread until today and was a little concerned because I had seen no posts from you on EFO for a few days. Jukin was kind enough to steer me over here. (Ran across him last night in my back yard. The sly dog was trying to steal more women from my stable.)

I think Leslie Nielsen puts it best:

Comment

Thanks, tino.

Chemo Monday is quicly approaching, and my nerves about the whole thing are getting worse. I read and hear so much about chemo being largely inneffective and being mrore damaging than the disease itself. And that there are better, natural methods of battling cancer out there....make me question whether I am simply a lamb being led to slaughter.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Fresh, in the last 3 years, both of my in-laws were diagnosed with cancer (prostate and breast cancer) and both underwent chemo and radiation treatments. My Mother-In-Law was also a stage 3 patient and her cancer was considered extremely aggressive. In addition to the chemo and radiation she had 5 different surgeries as well. Both of my in-laws are now 100% cancer-free. (My Mother-In-Law just had a follow up exam this week as a matter of fact.)

The treatments they use now are far more advanced than anything they've ever had before. The success rates are very high. Don't let the crap you read and hear impact you too much against treatment. Sometimes the internet is a horrible idea - particularly when it comes to the medical field. Unplug the computer and let the experts guide you through this stuff. ("Doctor tino - paging Doctor tinopuno to exam room 1" -- ok, maybe we should go with YOUR experts and not the SC ones.... )

Stay off the medical websites - they're a curse when you're sick! When I had my liver problem I was using the wide assortment of medical sites to learn as much as I could about my problem. At one point I was convinced that I either had a tumor or I was pregnant. Luckily I listened to the docs and underwent additional tests and found that the mass on my liver was just a vein cluster. As for the pregnancy, it turns out that I'm just a fat s-o-b!!
            Last edited by Jukin; 06-17-2011, 07:59 AM.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I agree with Jukin. I'm not totally against alternative medicine but there are a ton of crackpots out there. If you've had faith in western/mainstream medicine your whole life, why change now?

The internet is full of weirdos. and half of em is Tino.

Comment

Juk, thank you for the vote of confidence. Hell, I am at MD Anderson, which is the most highly rated cancer treatment center in the country.

http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/cancer

I just need to have faith that I am doing the right thing, and giving myself the best chance.

My nerves got further jangled yesterday when my Onc sat there and looked me in the eye and said "Probability is high that you WILL be naseus, you WILL have muscle pain, you WILL have mouth sores and difficutly eating, you WILL lose your hair, and you WILL be extremely fatigued". - Sounds like a whole box of fun, don't it? Hell, at least I know she doesn't sugar coat things.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Yeah but the probability is also very high that you WILL be cured! Kinda makes the rest of that shit a minor inconvenience huh?

Comment

Whatever it takes.

My lil gal is counting on me.

If I even bring up the possibility of what she is going to need to do if I don't make it thru, she falls apart and I can't talk to her. So......I guess I'd better make it.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                      My nerves got further jangled yesterday when my Onc sat there and looked me in the eye and said "Probability is high that you WILL be naseus, you WILL have muscle pain, you WILL have mouth sores and difficutly eating, you WILL lose your hair, and you WILL be extremely fatigued". - Sounds like a whole box of fun, don't it? Hell, at least I know she doesn't sugar coat things.
                      That's just a regular saturday night in the back alleys of Atlantic City for Jukin.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                        That's just a regular saturday night in the back alleys of Camden for Jukin.

Fixed!!

Comment

I'm home form my first chemo treatment. Long day. 7 hours at the cancer center getting pumped full of crap. My weight went from 173.5 this morning, to 182.5 when I got home. Insane. Starting to feel a bit queasy, but otherwise OK. I go back tomorrow for another 2.5 hours of IV's plus and injects for my white blood cells.

On we go..........

Comment

You da man Freshie....kick it's butt. Maybe if you get pumped up with more of that junk you'll have enough weight in your butt to sub in and stop the run for the Birds next year.
                            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Atta boy FRESH. Keep that chin up!

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                                I'm home form my first chemo treatment. Long day. 7 hours at the cancer center getting pumped full of crap. My weight went from 173.5 this morning, to 182.5 when I got home. Insane.
                                9 lbs of weight gain from fluid injections! That is truly amazing. You wouldn't see that even after a marathon session at the Cigar Club!

Hang in there Freshie!

Comment

Working...
                                X