X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Bama on OTAs-punter is real shaky

http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-mi...es-everything/
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

The importance of a good punter to a team becomes most apparent when it turns out your team has a shitty one.

Comment

I don't get why they just don't want to bring Donnie Jones back? It's not like he wants megabucks. I know that he's getting older and looked a little slow at times but he was great during the playoffs when it counted.

Comment

I said weeks ago that you need competition for everyone, you can't let new guys just have a spot.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          I don't get why they just don't want to bring Donnie Jones back? It's not like he wants megabucks. I know that he's getting older and looked a little slow at times but he was great during the playoffs when it counted.
          60, maybe that is why Cameron Jones is currently unopposed. Maybe they want to give the younger guy a chance, knowing that Donnie is available. Of course, that would be a little risky.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
            60, maybe that is why Cameron Jones is currently unopposed. Maybe they want to give the younger guy a chance, knowing that Donnie is available. Of course, that would be a little risky.
            It seems like every year a couple of teams have shitty punters and I can't imagine him staying unemployed. I don't even think it hurts our cap to bring him in now does it? You don't have to be under it at this point of the year if I'm not mistaken but I could be wrong. He only made 1.6 last year so what's the big deal?

Comment

Working...
            X