Asshole Owens will be a no show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asshole Owens will be a no show

Terrell Owens Makes Unprecedented Move of Not Attending His Own Football Hall of Fame Induction
    Legendary former wide receiver Terrell Owens won't attend his own Hall of Fame induction
    By Barry Wilner

Former NFL player Terrell Owens
    Terrell Owens says he will not attend the induction ceremony for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in August, an unprecedented decision by an enshrinee.

Owens was voted into the hall in February. In a statement released Thursday by his publicist, Owens says: "While I am incredibly appreciative of this opportunity, I have made the decision to publicly decline my invitation to attend the induction ceremony in Canton."

The hall confirmed that the former All-Pro receiver informed them he would not be on hand Aug. 4 for the enshrinements. Owens added, "After visiting Canton earlier this year, I came to the realization that I wish to celebrate what will be one of the most memorable days of my life, elsewhere. At a later date, I will announce where and when I will celebrate my induction."

Owens, who played for the San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys, Buffalo Bills and Cincinnati Bengals, heavily criticized the voting process when he failed to be elected to the hall in his first two years of eligibility.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

He wants to be relevant again--- it's just TO being TO, and I'm sure he will let somebody "beg" him to attend and he will "relent"and do so.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      He wants to be relevant again--- it's just TO being TO, and I'm sure he will let somebody "beg" him to attend and he will "relent"and do so.
      I don't know about that MD. I think that he knows that he'd get the shit booed out of him if he got on stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        I don't know about that MD. I think that he knows that he'd get the shit booed out of him if he got on stage.
        Has he given a reason for not going?

In his statement that I read, he voiced appreciation to all the teams he played for (even though he did whisper, sotto voce, that McNabb could go fuck himself).

Not disagreeing but, why do you think he'd be roundly booed by the audience?

Comment

I dunno 60..... When was the last time anybody talked about him? Now he is back in the news.... He has that same Hollywood ego complex.... "Any news, bad or good, that's gets people takin bout me is good news."

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
            Has he given a reason for not going?

In his statement that I read, he voiced appreciation to all the teams he played for (even though he did whisper, sotto voce, that McNabb could go fuck himself).

Not disagreeing but, why do you think he'd be roundly booed by the audience?
            Dawkins is going into The Hall the same day and the place will be filled with Eagle fans. How do you think that at least half of them will react
            when Owens name is announced? Plus the impartial crowd will join in, especially since he will be a no show. Dawk's speech will be sensational so have a bucket next to you. I'll have a big smile on my face as the asshole Owens is the first player ever to be booed in Caton.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              I dunno 60..... When was the last time anybody talked about him? Now he is back in the news.... He has that same Hollywood ego complex.... "Any news, bad or good, that's gets people takin bout me is good news."

I'll agree with that for sure! I don't think that he'll show although he's used to getting booed. You're right in that he'll love the spotlight for the next couple of months that he'll get for not going.

Comment

”After visiting Canton earlier this year, I came to the realization that I wish to celebrate what will be one of the most memorable days of my life, elsewhere.”
                Wow! Talk about taking a shot at them. ‘You know after talking to 60 I came to the realization that I wish I didn’t talk to 60!’ (No offense 60, your name is just easy to type!) What a dick move by Owens .... and by me towards 60! Damn I am a dickhead, just like my wife says!!
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I imagine ESPN will do a one hour special on this announement

Owens, who said he has let the Hall of Fame know of his intentions, added he will announce "where and when" he will celebrate his induction at a later date.

Comment

Owens, who said he has let the Hall of Fame know of his intentions, added he will announce "where and when" he will celebrate his induction at a later date.
                    Oh boy

He’ll probably have it Chuck E Cheese

Comment

And he wonders why they were reluctant to vote him into the hall in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                        And he wonders why they were reluctant to vote him into the hall in the first place.
                        There you go.
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

He's going to promote a TO HoF party and charge fans to attend. This all seems like a money grab.
                          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                            he's going to promote a to hof party and charge fans to attend. This all seems like a money grab.
                            bingo!

Comment

What if you threw a party and nobody showed?

Comment

Working...
                              X