• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ding-dong, the witch is dead - Billy King to be fired

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/200 ... anski.html

Too bad it wasn't 3 years ago.

Re: Ding-dong, the witch is dead - Billy King to be fired

OH THANK GOD!

I might go to a Sixers game now in support.

Comment

About time. This guy was the teflon GM.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

why would they do it now, though? what's so unusual about now that made them do this?

everybody knew the sixers would stink this year - it seemed like management was on board with the plan to start over after the iverson trade and free money for an FA run next year, after two years of high picks.

it's not like ed stefanski is some guy you've just got to have. i dont understand the timing.
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose
          why would they do it now, though? what's so unusual about now that made them do this?

everybody knew the sixers would stink this year - it seemed like management was on board with the plan to start over after the iverson trade and free money for an FA run next year, after two years of high picks.

it's not like ed stefanski is some guy you've just got to have. i dont understand the timing.
          Ed Snider made it sound like Ed Stefanski was available NOW and they had to have him... whatever.

I think perhaps Snider finally got a hold of the negatives of the photos of him in womens clothing that billy king was blackmailing him with.

Comment

Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Look at this track record. Ugh. Those names are so awful. He couldn't acquire one stinking good player other than Mutombo in his whole journey.

I guess for a second - Ratliff looked nice but man...awful...

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/12142981.html
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

i think billy king did a solid job of drafting the last few years, bringing in Iguodala, Williams, Smith and Young. i think that's a solid group to work with.

he did a bad job by handing out big contracts to mediocre players and the organization could never put the pieces around Iverson after the run to the Finals.
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Working...
                X