How do you get up for next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
    jesus. give it a fucking rest already leif.

I love how all of the sudden you're the expert on Dawkin's drop off. Meanwhile, I'm 99% certain that if I cared to comb through the game day threads, you'd be fellating Dawk during the latter part of the season.
    GDTs are all about emotion, and sure I was cheering him on when he made big plays. But if you actually go back and look at it, JJ was scheming his butt off to allow Dawk to stay on the field at all.

Why would I have reason to change my tune?
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I'm already up for next season.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Dawk was the greatest FS in our history but that guy has been gone for 2 years. He got by last year on JJ hiding his growing weaknesses and on others blinded by his one-time greatness sending him to the pro-bowl again on his old reputation. Last year he was a poor shadow of himself for 10 weeks and only succeeded in a short field assignment that protected him.

As for the bullbleep about this being some recent opinion, Bleep! A year ago I called for us to replace Dawk, Thomas and Runyan and got roundly roasted by almost every single one of you. The rhetoric and from a couple of you, the "I'm a tough guy know-it-all shit" you dished out, you would have eaten if you had the balls to try it in person. They were all going down hill a year ago and it seems the Eagle have finally wizened up and moved on after their further decline in 08. Its about time. Hanging on too long is a formula for long term failure because change takes time. There is too much failure here to coddle guys who can no longer cut it, even when they were among our all time best. I have seen all the best who ever played for this team and I have suffered when they have moved on. But the time comes, inevitably. Of recent vintage, Trotter, Duce, Mitchell, Vincent, Douglas, Simon et al...the time comes.

Comment

I'm worried about LT,TE and RB on offense,but I really don't see Tra as tough to replace. He needed a lot of help the past 2 seasons.Provided with the same type of help(TE and RBs with chip blocks)I believe Herremans will be alright there.It won't take much to come in and be a better TE production wise. There is some great TE talent in the draft.Safety is my biggest concern,the draft will not IMO provide a starter so we better get it done in FA.
          All in all,with good health we should be right back as a team in the mix. If the Eagles put their draft to good use,this team could be good-great for a long time.
          I can't wait for the draft.
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Just looked at the roster,right now there are 34 guys with less than 4 years ex.there are 44with less than 6 yrs. When they add all the draft picks, this is going to be a very young team.There are only 8 guys with more than 8 years ex. Schobel,Westy, S.Brown,Feeley,Parker,Akers,Howard and McNabb.I could easily see 4 of those guys moving down the road. We were a play from the SB against a team we had killed earlier in the season. I see this glass as more than half full. I'm looking forward to the future.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              Just looked at the roster,right now there are 34 guys with less than 4 years ex.there are 44with less than 6 yrs. When they add all the draft picks, this is going to be a very young team.There are only 8 guys with more than 8 years ex. Schobel,Westy, S.Brown,Feeley,Parker,Akers,Howard and McNabb.I could easily see 4 of those guys moving down the road. We were a play from the SB against a team we had killed earlier in the season. I see this glass as more than half full. I'm looking forward to the future.
              You can't see the F/O is full of morons and they don't have a brain cell functioning amongst them,,, and oh yeah, they are too cheap!

But seriously other than that, good post!
              Last edited by MDFAN; 03-06-2009, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post

I have absolutely no problem if we're rebuilding. I love a youth movement!

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                  I have absolutely no problem if we're rebuilding. I love a youth movement!
                  Remember,here in Philly we don't rebuild,we reload

Comment

Working...
                  X