• Show
Clear All

• I'd love to see the Giants draft Mayfield

Baker Mayfield calls Giants 'an ideal situation' for him
    Feb
    2/3/2018 12:24:26 PM
    |
    More

Baker Mayfield said it would be “an ideal situation” if the Giants drafted him in April, Tom Rock of Newsday reports.

“Throwing the ball to Engram, Shep and Odell wouldn’t be too bad,” he said of Evan Engram, Sterling Shepard and Odell Beckham Jr., the three Giants targets who figure to be on the field in 2018. “Those are some studs right there. Being there, that’s a big-time franchise. The spotlight, I think I thrive on that. I think that would be an ideal situation.”

It also would be a bit of an awkward one. The Giants have committed to bringing Eli Manning back for 2018, which likely means that any rookie quarterback they take in this year’s draft — with the second overall pick or later — will have to start his career on the bench.

“Absolutely,” he said. “I’m ready to go in and compete. I’m not going to wait lightly, but obviously sitting behind Eli would be a great situation.”

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Mayfield has both talent and a very high Diva Asshole quotient.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
      Mayfield has both talent and a very high Diva Asshole quotient.

A perfect guy to hate!

Comment

I can only imagine the shitstorm that would brew between him and Beckham when things start going bad. The finger pointing and passing the blame would destroy that team like we saw with Owens and McNabb did in 2005.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          I can only imagine the shitstorm that would brew between him and Beckham when things start going bad. The finger pointing and passing the blame would destroy that team like we saw with Owens and McNabb did in 2005.
          It sure would be fun watching that!

Comment

Working...
          X