How behind giving Dallas 20 year's worth of bulletin board material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How behind giving Dallas 20 year's worth of bulletin board material

So, they told me, and I didn’t find out until the day of, that Akers was announcing our pick in the second round. So after we trade out [of the first round], I’m coming in on Friday morning, and I called David, and I’m like giving him some bullet points. Like, I think I know what I’m doing, right? I’m like, ‘Dave, man, we need fire, man. We need passion. We’re drafting a guy in Dallas.’ And he’s like, ‘I got it, Howie. I got it.’ And I’m kind of going, he’s just yes-ing me, like most people do, so I’m used to it.
    And he comes out with a rant that’s legendary. Legendary! I call him the next day and I just apologize. I go, ‘I’m sorry, man. I didn’t even think of some of the lines that you were coming up with.’ I mean, it was so beautiful, so unbelievable, we were all going crazy. And he goes, ‘Well, I feel bad, I was yelling.’ I go ‘The yelling was the good part about it! I mean, you’re in Dallas and you’re yelling at them, bro! If you think you were a hero for being a kicker, this is forever!’

Some other good stuff here:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...oys-repeat-nfl
    Last edited by Eagle60; 05-09-2018, 12:13 AM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

My how things have changed over the last 3 years. Howie used to be the butt of jokes, because he was not a football guy and he got no respect. Now, he is a hero and genius. If you guys remember, prior to the hiring of Chip, a lot of people in the media were saying that the top coaches didn't want to come to Philly because of Howie.

Here is a quote from that idiot Jason La Canfora 4 1/2 years ago:

"I wish I had a dollar for every time someone told me one esteemed coach or another advised one of the Eagles' top candidates not to take the job precisely because of Roseman's presence there. Roseman isn't the general manager they should tie their wagon to"

When I get bored, I might tweet that comment back to La Canfora.

Personally, I have always liked Howie. He works his butt off. If this team remains successful down the road, Howie will be looked at as the Theo Epstein of football.

We have great chemistry right now from top to bottom. For me, this is the most likable Eagles organization ever. And, this is not just because we are Super Bowl champs.

My one concern right now is how Micheal Bennett will fit into the locker room. He is a talent upgrade for sure. But, that mouth of his.....

Outside of Micheal Bennett, this is a team that makes you proud to be an Eagles fan. These are good times indeed.

Comment

I think that Doug's personality rubbed off on the whole organization myself. There's not big power struggles like there was when Kelly and Reid were here. Then again everybody is all smiles when you're winning. Start the season 0-2 and we'll all be screaming for a bunch of heads.

I was Howie's biggest critic but he sure pushed all of the right buttons last year. It takes a village.

Comment

The Pederson hiring was because he’d be a yes man to Howie. Howie has learned a lot and is doing a damn good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
          The Pederson hiring was because he’d be a yes man to Howie. Howie has learned a lot and is doing a damn good job.
          I don't think that anybody disputes that. In fact I think that LaConfora was right and it was going to be tough to get the top candidates in here because the FO was so screwed up. We got Doug pretty much because nobody else was going to give him a chance. His hiring seems like it turned out OK.

Comment

Please.... So many general assumptions and speculation.... When in fact nobody's knows any of this to be true or factual at all.

Guesses and opines are fine but not facts.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              Please.... So many general assumptions and speculation.... When in fact nobody's knows any of this to be true or factual at all.

Guesses and opines are fine but not facts.
              Coughlin and McAdoo both said no after being interviewed. What else do you need?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                Coughlin and McAdoo both said no after being interviewed. What else do you need?
                Well that settles it..... Everybody thought Philly was a hell hole.

Comment

Well that settles it..... Everybody thought Philly was a hell hole.
                  You can't change the facts MD. It was a remarkable turnaround in 2 years.

Comment

Not wanting to change "facts" bud. We have no facts as to why Pederson was hired... As if there was a single reason. We have no facts as to why 2 guys said no.
                    Maybe they don't like cheesesteaks, or maybe they didn't like the talent Chip left them with... Maybe maybe maybe.

That is all I'm saying.... Just cause some media pundit makes an inference..... Doesn't mean it has any basis in truth.

Howie may have just been as good all along but no one could tell cause of how badly Chip snookered everyone.

Comment

Not wanting to change "facts" bud. We have no facts as to why Pederson was hired... As if there was a single reason. We have no facts as to why 2 guys said no.
                      Maybe they don't like cheesesteaks, or maybe they didn't like the talent Chip left them with... Maybe maybe maybe.

That is all I'm saying.... Just cause some media pundit makes an inference..... Doesn't mean it has any basis in truth.

Howie may have just been as good all along but no one could tell cause of how badly Chip snookered everyone.
                      You can say all you want that we have no facts and you would be 100% wrong. Maybe we don’t know FOR A FACT why Doug was hired. And maybe we don’t know FOR A FACT why other candidates turned down the job. But we do know FOR A FACT that Dallas Sucks! What other facts do you need?
                      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                        You can say all you want that we have no facts and you would be 100% wrong. Maybe we don’t know FOR A FACT why Doug was hired. And maybe we don’t know FOR A FACT why other candidates turned down the job. But we do know FOR A FACT that Dallas Sucks! What other facts do you need?
                        Well of course some facts are just universal!!! And I do accept that as a fact!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                          I think that the perception by all of us was that Pederson was an "aw shucks" homely kid of guy and would never have the stones to be a great head coach. And that Reid was the play caller so he was over his skis being the play caller let alone a head coach.

But I like to go back and revisit the mic'd up Doug from the 49ers game this year. The offense had just had a horrible three and out deep in their half of the field and as the offense was walking off the field, doug was heard saying, "We better get our collective asses in gear before I lose my frickin' mind!"

It was a little thing but it really gave a much better insight into who Doug the Coach was versus what he shows in press conferences. You can tell he's played the game and knows the difference between poor execution and poor effort or both. And the players respected his criticism and responded.

This team's chemistry is amazing from the front office to the field. And its Doug and its Howie setting the tones.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post

I could use some more facts. What do they suck? Monkey balls? Pond scum? Buffalo dung? Get your facts straight Einstein!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              [/B]

I could use some more facts. What do they suck? Monkey balls? Pond scum? Buffalo dung? Get your facts straight Einstein!
                              Pick a fact any fact... all come to the Same conclusion.... Dullass sucks..

Comment

Working...
                              X