94 wip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 wip

Yep - for those of you in touch with Philly radio, you have the long time FM rock station with the strong signal (and Eagles home games) WYSP and then there is the all sport talk station AM 610 WIP. They will be combining. WIP is going to FM. It's kind of sad to see YSP go but if you get the Flyers & Sixers on FM, that's cool. I'm just nostalgic here since I haven't listened to FM rock stations in forever.

The Flyers and Sixers (does anyone still even care about the Sixers?) angle is cool but man I hate the fact that those buffoons will have a stronger signal to broadcast their stupidity. WIP, and Angelo in particular, have done more to destroy the image of Philly and Philly sports fans than any other media outlet. We like to blame the national media for our bad image but WIP stokes the fire and works hard to create that image that others see. I just hope they take a lesson from ESPN and make themselves a little more about legitimate sports talk and less "entertainment" focused.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I grew up on YSP and MMR. Don't get home much at all anymore, but it is sad to see history fall by the way. that being said, I remember sitting with Dad in the car listening to WIP on the way to and from the Vet and Spectrum.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
        I remember sitting with Dad in the car listening to WIP on the way to and from the Vet and Spectrum.

Same here Fred. It was part of our game day ritual going to and from the Vet to listen to the pre and post game shows. Unfortunately in those days the post game shows were more often than not depressing explanations of how the Eagles had been out played and out maneuvered in yet another loss. But the memories of sitting in the back seat with my brother & cousin and listening to Merrill Reese and the occasional comments by my Dad and Uncle are something I'll never forget.
        Last edited by Jukin; 08-18-2011, 09:22 AM.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

lame. WIP should've taken over another frequency. You know how many radio stations are listenable in philly now? Like 3.

WXPN, WMMR, WOGL.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
            WIP, and Angelo in particular, have done more to destroy the image of Philly and Philly sports fans than any other media outlet. We like to blame the national media for our bad image but WIP stokes the fire and works hard to create that image that others see.
            How true, great point.

Comment

If WIP went out of business, would anyone care?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                If WIP went out of business, would anyone care?
                As long as Glenn Macnow and Ray Didinger are still on the air, no.
                E A G L E S

EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sdeaglefan View Post
                  As long as Glenn Macnow and Ray Didinger are still on the air, no.
                  They are the only two people who are good on WIP.

Sports radio pretty much sucks anyway. Even missanelli is getting tired.

Comment

Sports radio is all about the negative. There is zero positive talk. I do like to listen to guys like Ike Reese and when Hugh Douglas was there because of the player prospecive and they also gave prospective into Andy Reid.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                      Sports radio is all about the negative. There is zero positive talk. I do like to listen to guys like Ike Reese and when Hugh Douglas was there because of the player prospecive and they also gave prospective into Andy Reid.

I called up once to discuss something salient and football related and the producer said "I need more energy from you! Do you have anything to rant about? We like rants!" I hung up.

Comment

By the way, lost in this is the fact that Howard Eskin is out of a job. Hoooray! Unfortunately this frees him up to spend more time covering the Eagles.

Comment

Working...
                        X