WR Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WR Coach

Read Hines Ward and Bobby Engram as possible coaches. Ward certainly a tough nut receiver. Not sure if that translates to coaching. I also get the vibe he has a little WR headcase in him
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

I like the fact we are looking at two receivers with not only NFL experience but both were excellent NFL receivers. I am not sure though that either is available, they are both under contract elsewhere with lesser positions but would need to be let go or allowed to interview by their respective teams. I think that Douglas should let us interview Ward. At the very least the Jets should do this for Ward but they also owe us one for the time of the year they took Douglas away. I don't see why Baltimore would want to let Engram go.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Ike Reese was talking Monday about this and said having a coach that played at a high level in the league is key especially at a diva position like WR, CB. Not to bring race into it but lets face facts... WR and CB positions are primarily manned by Black players and Ike is basically reaffirming what we all know. Street cred is important with Black players more than it is with white players. That is the good thing about this one I'd think. Ward comes in and can look at those MFers and say listen man I did this on the field so you are going to listen and do it MY WAY. Duce Staley has the same thing going for him as do guys like Ken Norton, Leslie Frazier, Al Harris, etc.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Don't know about he Black vs. White thing. I do know that if somebody shows me how to do something and I know they know, I am more apt to listen than somebody who you thinks knows. All Ward or Engram have to do is put on the tape of when they played. Instant credibility What does Carson Walch have cred wise?

Comment

Taz... I'm paraphrasing what Ike said honestly. But it makes sense culturally to me. I hope they get a guy that when he goes into the locker room guys like AJ and DJ plus draft picks and acquisitions respect him immediately.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Ward ran good routes, knew how to get open when the pocket broke down, missed very little time (if memory serves), and was a very good blocker. Maybe Anderson follows him if they hire him.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I keep hearing Anderson, he is projected to get between 12-14 million a year. There is just no way when we can have Alshon at 16, Desean at 10, and then add another 12-14 million to the receiving corp. That is 35-40 million. That is 20-22% of your payroll on three players. None of them are true number 1 receivers. It just doesn't make sense. They need to draft and develop a number 1. They are way past time needing to do this.

Comment

Anyone know what Breshad Perriman's situation is ? He went full beast mode when Evans went down and has some mad skills. I ust read he is a FA, but will they keep him ?
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

We signed DJAX for 3 years and Alshon is under contract. Hopefully Sega makes the big jump from year 1 to 2 where players usually make their most improvement. The way college teams fling the ball all over the place these days I would think that it would be easy to find a wr in later rounds. Hell Pittsburg drafts wrs that are no names like crazy. I don't know why the hell we can't! If Howie truly wants to get younger he's got to go BPA all the way other than QB. It's not like we are solid anyplace else other than TE.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

60 if we go into next year with those three as our WR corps I will be very very disappointed
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Engram is supposedly out, per Ravens HC Harbaugh. Maybe Ward is still under consideration.

IMO whoever comes in, the new Wr coach will have DJax, JJAW, more than likely Jeffries (though I do believe the Eagles will try to unload him, salary be damned) a new FA WR a draft pick or two, and the practice squad guys to sort out.

Comment

Working...
                      X