Dumb Dumb and more DUMB-- Jackson ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
    MD... totally agree and I actually think some eyes are starting to be opened on the Left side of the aisle on this issue. It is possible to think that Black and Brown people start a few rows lower on the ladder to success than a white person does and yet acknowledge that the Black community especially is mostly responsible for the violence against Black men.

And as some in that community are starting to see that as truth I think the prejudices that some in the Black community cling to are being exposed also which is why the Desean Jackson stuff got so much attention so quickly.

I don't think Black men and women are going to get a free pass on this stuff.

Google the Stephen Jackson video from last night. He is about to get "cancelled" big time and rightly so.

The problem with using the word racism for everything is it loses its impact when it is used to describe something that is actually racist.
    AW, we seem to agree. Presentism has reared it’s ugly head. Personally, yes I know this is antidotal, but all my interactions today are 7000X less racist, then just 50 years ago. Just look at the locations involved most heavily.

Comment

Politicians on both sides of the aisle have found it expedient to resort to identity politics, pulling the country apart for political gain rather than bringing it together. I am a whole lot more fearful of free speech being stifled than I am of allowing the likes of Jackson’s gibberish see the light of day. On a separate note, really appreciate the calm, rational discourse we are able to have on this board. Thank you all for creating and supporting this environment.
      Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
      Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Why have anti semitic attitudes risen so much in the last several years? I just don't get it but the hate crimes against them are really escalating. It seems like I must have missed some incredible incident that started off all of this animosity?

As far as DJAX is concerned it's no secret that he has the intelligence of a squid. The fact that he's the one who came out with this shit shouldn't really surprise anybody. However, as stupid as he is it's still inconceivable that anybody in the spotlight like him would come out with it.
        Last edited by Eagle60; 07-08-2020, 10:37 PM.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

aw, should be no secret that the many black issues are driven by blacks. The exact same thing exists among Native Americans. Reservation is another name for ghetto. Poverty is the common denominator and we (whoever the hell 'we' are) think throwing money at it will solve the problem. It won't. Maybe looking at 100 years of history can tell us throwing money at the problem isn't the answer. Our race problem (whether black, native, asian, or whatever) is as much a poverty issue as anything. Who ever is willing enough and powerful enough to change that problem will be a hero. Just not sure who is anyone can.
          As a final aside there are just as many scary people on the far right as there are on the far left. Both look to indoctrinate
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

NoDak the issues in politics is never people like us sitting in the middle or hanging out slightly right or left of center. The issue is the people at the ends of the spectrum. They pull on the rope so hard there is no slack to actually get anything accomplished or make compromise.

Think about who are the voices of the Congress right now. AOC, Omar, etc. are way far Left. The Freedom Caucus are way far right. Of course they aren't going to get along.

If you could get guys like Joe Manchin, Mike Braun, Tim Scott and a guy like Steny Hoyer in a room together and they'd be honest they could probably come to a compromise on everything... including legislation that could actually help address some of the things that hold AA and inner city communities back.

The playing field is not level guys I get that. Some of it is a lack of accountability and a lack of emphasis on education in those communities but some of it is also structural. And if you give the AA community reparations that is just going to make the problem worse.

This is actually a great plan and this is one of the smartest guys in the country. One of my best friends from college... his wife works for one of Smith's companies and he knows Smith personally and said he is the genuine article and should run for President himself.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanv.../#4c70becf4bc3
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

"Patriots' Julian Edelman offers to take DeSean Jackson to Holocaust Museum following anti-Semitic posts"

Comment

I don't think that Jackson even knew what that quote meant.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                X