Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While the press is hanging Belichick over Butler...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While the press is hanging Belichick over Butler...

Malcolm Butler’s ex-teammate hints that weed, curfew led to benching
    Feb
    2/6/2018 5:53:00 AM
    |More
    Malcom Butler’s former Patriots teammate, Brandon Browner, followed up his social media post ripping Bill Belichick for benching the cornerback in their Super Bowl LII loss to the Eagles with another making vague reference to Butler’s recent disciplinary history, Hannah Withiam of the New York Post reports.

In the edited Instagram video, Browner alludes to Belichick’s reasoning Monday that “a lot of things” went into the decision, citing marijuana possession and breaking curfew as two factors that kept Butler out of the game. Browner, who was on the field for Butler’s late interception that sealed the Patriots’ win over the Seahawks in Super Bowl XLIX, also shares insight into Belichick’s disciplinary system, which he says offers players “second chances” unless they’re not a “favorite.”

“For weed? For curfew? Man, do y’all history,” Browner says in the video. “Patriots [are] a team that give guys second chances. I know players that they used to let [their] wives sleep in the bed with them on away games. I ain’t gonna say no names.

“Like every job, there’s always favorites, and lil’ bro wasn’t a favorite. He was a favorite for us for what he can do, but … it probably felt like they can use him, like he was a pawn, a piece of this game.”

Butler’s no-show in the game Sunday night hurt the Patriots on the field, with fill-in cornerback Eric Rowe getting scorched in the first quarter on a 34-yard touchdown pass, and gave Belichick plenty to answer for afterward. Belichick called the benching a “football decision” after the game, before acknowledging there may have been more to the story on a conference call with reporters the next day.

“I appreciate the question, but it would be a much longer discussion,” Belichick said Monday. “There are a lot of things that go into that. In the end, the final decision is what I said it was.”

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Ahhhhh yes, the excuse machine is in rare form in Beantown

Comment

Some Pats players didn't like this move

https://nesn.com/2018/02/nfl-rumors-...s-locker-room/

Comment

This is what destiny looks like fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
          This is what destiny looks like fellas.
          Yup, the stars were definitely aligned!

Comment

It's Bill being Bill--- right now I don't give a flying F, that is there problem and I hope they end up with 12 more!

Comment

I’d bet 70% of Pats fans first reaction was who’s Butler

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                I think they would probably remember the guy who won them a Super Bowl a couple of years ago against Seattle.
                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                  I think they would probably remember the guy who won them a Super Bowl a couple of years ago against Seattle.
                  Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                    Butler intercepted Russell Wilson at the goal line- they know EXACTLY who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                      Butler intercepted Russell Wilson at the goal line- they know EXACTLY who he is.
                      My point is so many are bandwagon fans that will disappear back to where they came once the Pats run ends.

Comment

To be fair he also played over 97% of their plays this year-- so they probably do know him.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                          To be fair he also played over 97% of their plays this year-- so they probably do know him.
                          I think that Ross is saying that the numbnut fans who follow the team occasionally because they win all the time but have no clue who anybody on the team is other than Pretty Boy and Apeshit and who basically only watch them in the Super Bowl. There's a ton of them. They have no clue who Butler is.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            I think that Ross is saying that the numbnut fans who follow the team occasionally because they win all the time but have no clue who anybody on the team is other than Pretty Boy and Apeshit and who basically only watch them in the Super Bowl. There's a ton of them. They have no clue who Butler is.
                            AHH, if true, then my apologies, I missed the sarcasm on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                              AHH, if true, then my apologies, I missed the sarcasm on that one.

It’s my fault. My sunny sarcasm sure didn’t shine on my comment. I’m surrounded by Patsies here in FL. Mostly clueless Patsies. Bright spot is mostly everyone else jumped on the Eagles. I was out walking the dog before the game, had my jersey on, had people giving me thumbs up around the neighborhood. On guy in a U of Miami hat stopped his car and gave me a big go EAGLES.

Comment

Working...
                              X