Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Old 09-23-2018, 10:30 PM   #11
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinopuno View Post
As both you and '60' point out, Mills presents a quandary with his strengths and weaknesses. The question is, do his good tackling skills and his frequently good coverage make up for his occasional long PI penalties and major, big play coverage lapses.

He's now a known quantity to other teams and they're going after him so he'll either get better (he is still young) or he'll work his way to the bench or the street.
Schwartz has got to get on his ass. He's not a rookie anymore. He's got too much talent to just be mediocre.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:35 AM   #12
WCPhan
Pro Bowler

WCPhan has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to WCPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
I'm good, we got a W
Took the letter out of my mouth.

The W is what to like. Especially with injuries piling up to skill guys.
WCPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:24 AM   #13
musicman
Hall of Famer

musicman is on a distinguished road

How hard do you think it was to fool the guy who led the offense last season and who saw those defenders every day ? Reich is no dummy, we won. I'm good with it.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:16 PM   #14
taz
Pro Bowler

taz has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinopuno View Post
As both you and '60' point out, Mills presents a quandary with his strengths and weaknesses. The question is, do his good tackling skills and his frequently good coverage make up for his occasional long PI penalties and major, big play coverage lapses.

He's now a known quantity to other teams and they're going after him so he'll either get better (he is still young) or he'll work his way to the bench or the street.
The problem right now with Mills is he has a rep in the league for PI's. The first one was ticky tacky and if he didn't have the rep it may not have been called. The second one was legit. I love the fact he has no memory of these things. I really believe he could move to safety and soon. His strength in tackling and his ability to help in coverage would play very well there in the Rodney McCloud role
Old 09-24-2018, 01:37 PM   #15
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
The problem right now with Mills is he has a rep in the league for PI's. The first one was ticky tacky and if he didn't have the rep it may not have been called. The second one was legit. I love the fact he has no memory of these things. I really believe he could move to safety and soon. His strength in tackling and his ability to help in coverage would play very well there in the Rodney McCloud role
I agree for the most part taz. Good corners are hard to find though so I don't think the Birds can make that move until they let this season play out. Of course talking Mills into it probably wouldn't fly lol. A lot of it has to do with McLeod too and what they are going to do with him. He makes a mistake once in awhile but to me he's been excellent so far this year. I've never been down on him anyway.