X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cancer that is TO.......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3763209

Sources: T.O.'s expressed resentment toward Romo

According to multiple sources within the Dallas Cowboys, there is an emerging internal conflict involving three of the team's highest-profile stars.

As the preseason Super Bowl favorites struggle in the final month of the season to simply make the playoffs, wide receiver Terrell Owens has expressed resentment toward Tony Romo, apparently jealous of the quarterback's relationship with tight end Jason Witten.

Owens feels that Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates who came to Dallas in the same offseason -- hold private meetings in which they create plays the two will use in upcoming games without including Owens in the conversations, according to a source who speaks regularly with Owens' teammates. Owens believes these discussions have worked to his detriment as Romo seeks to deliver the ball to Witten regardless of whether Owens is open.
    Last edited by MDFAN; 12-12-2008, 11:30 PM.

Re: The cancer that is TO.............

Originally posted by MDFAN
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3763209

Sources: T.O.'s expressed resentment toward Romo

According to multiple sources within the Dallas Cowboys, there is an emerging internal conflict involving three of the team's highest-profile stars.

As the preseason Super Bowl favorites struggle in the final month of the season to simply make the playoffs, wide receiver Terrell Owens has expressed resentment toward Tony Romo, apparently jealous of the quarterback's relationship with tight end Jason Witten.

Owens feels that Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates who came to Dallas in the same offseason -- hold private meetings in which they create plays the two will use in upcoming games without including Owens in the conversations, according to a source who speaks regularly with Owens' teammates. Owens believes these discussions have worked to his detriment as Romo seeks to deliver the ball to Witten regardless of whether Owens is open.
    MD, if this thread disappears when the migration happens, please re-post it!

Read the rest of the article too, it's a riot.........as if that team didn't have enough problems already......
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Poor TO...looks like Romo is a "company man" too. Lil ol Terrell just cant catch a break

Comment

Greatest thing I have ever read. It really really is sweet vindication.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

But that's his QB....sniff sniff...
          FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

he is just batshit crazy. comes to hate every QB he's ever played with, like they are his woman or something.
            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

My view of McNabb really just went up a number of levels. Don't ask for an explanation but let's just say part of me believed #5 was hyper sensitive with TO as well.

Not anymore.
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Honestly, why can't cut anyone TO a break...it's clear that he's not the problem.

SF - any funds left over that might go a long way towards feeding TO's family?

Comment

I don't buy this at all ! Something is fishy here! Owens has changed...he's finally grown up! This is all wrong!

It took a real player's coach (Cough! 'doormat' Cough!) and an understanding owner/Gm (Cough! 'plastic surgery nightmare' Cough!) to allow Little T O the psychological space he needed to finally mature and get past all mean treatment he'd received in San Fran and Philly.

But once he'd done that, he became an ideal team mate and the bestus buddy a QB could ever ask for! Why, you only need to look back to last year's tearful defense of "my team mate, my quarter back" to see how completely Owens has changed.

Owens is not the problem here! If anyone is at fault, it's that little bitch Whitten...always getting open and converting 3rd downs. Just who the fuck does he think he is?

Comment

wait until TO finds out that Romo and Witten swap gfs!

Comment

Well I hope, probably won't, but I hope this finally puts to rest the crap that has been spewed. Have seen and heard many times the snide remarks and the innuendo that the Eagles and #5 in particular could have handled things better. That maybe his talent was worth the "little" bit of cancer. That maybe the whole organization could have handled that situation better!

BULL!

The guy is an insane paranoid super megalomaniac ------ there is no such thing as a worthwhile cancer.

But I'm sure this won't matter to those that still hold the TO is god, and McNabb and Reid "must" have done something wrong. McNabb was jealous, yeah that's it.

Comment

Well I hope, probably won't, but I hope this finally puts to rest the crap that has been spewed. Have seen and heard many times the snide remarks and the innuendo that the Eagles and #5 in particular could have handled things better. That maybe his talent was worth the "little" bit of cancer. That maybe the whole organization could have handled that situation better!

BULL!

The guy is an insane paranoid super megalomaniac ------ there is no such thing as a worthwhile cancer.

But I'm sure this won't matter to those that still hold the TO is god, and McNabb and Reid "must" have done something wrong. McNabb was jealous, yeah that's it.
                        PREACH IT!
                        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                        Playoff Appearances:
                        NFC Title Games:
                        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

BULL!

MD, It will not put it to rest. You and I know they can't really handle it or mishandle it because it isn't them it's him and it's just a matter of time. And you and I know that TO's mind will migrate to wherever it wants, take any problem and use it as a vehicle to maddness. And while TO is the same nutcase, the conditions are different enough, (which means nothing) that it will be written off as something else. they'll say the problem with eagles was they didn't want to pay TO and that's not the problem with the cowboys. YET! Right now we do have the clear and present danger signals of a TO blow up of possibly mega proportions. But it in the mind of the TO apologist it's not really that way and it's still resolvable by the Cowboys.

The sweet part is, with a placating owner, a passive qb and a spineless coach, & no real leaders on the team. This has the potential to seem like it's handled when it's really just being pushed off & brewing an even bigger blow up. One can only hope.
                          I think they have some catalysts that may speed it it up.
                          losing games, and Witten quiet as he is doesn't seem like he takes a lot of crap. Jason Garrett if he's really in line for the HC may actually take a harder line as the OC with TO. If I were him I'd rather have that problem blow up now before I take over.

Comment

Holy Crap, everyone needs to read that whole story.

Anyone who reads that and STILL thinks McNabb is to blame for how things turned out with TO here in Philly is either illiterate or just doesn't want to see the truth for some bizarre reason.

TO is certifiably insane.

Comment

I think it's been a widely held belief by most for some years now that TO is mentally unstable, and a cetifiable whack job. Talented? Yes. Crazy? Oh hell yeah! You can manage with him as long as things are going well, but if the team is struggling, expect him to go bonkers. That is what happened in SF, and that's what is happening in Dallas. What is strange is that we were actually riding pretty high, TO was a hero, and it was the offseason when he went postal here. Every rule has an exception......
                              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                              X