Peters Extention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peters Extention

Signed through 2019 for 3 yrs, 32.5 mill , 15.5 guaranteed. Hope it doesn't turn into a dick move.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    Signed through 2019 for 3 yrs, 32.5 mill , 15.5 guaranteed. Hope it doesn't turn into a dick move.
    Holy crap! I hope he's still around in 3 years to argue about it!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I doubt he lasts all 3 years of the contract. I'm guessing this is also a move to give us some cap space up front.
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Not sure what the cap hits and yearly breakdowns are but I think I am okay with that contract. I also read where he could move to G if needed so I think they probably did okay with this.

as I posted in another thread

That's good. Peters is getting long in the tooth BUT he is a top LT in the league so you have to be careful with what you spend on him. Will he still be a top LT after next year or the year after? Who knows. He needs to realize that and the birds need to respect both his abilities and what he has done for them. You can't give him a long term high money deal and you really don't want to let him walk ala Trotter and Dawkins.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          Not sure what the cap hits and yearly breakdowns are but I think I am okay with that contract. I also read where he could move to G if needed so I think they probably did okay with this.

as I posted in another thread

That's good. Peters is getting long in the tooth BUT he is a top LT in the league so you have to be careful with what you spend on him. Will he still be a top LT after next year or the year after? Who knows. He needs to realize that and the birds need to respect both his abilities and what he has done for them. You can't give him a long term high money deal and you really don't want to let him walk ala Trotter and Dawkins.
          The difference between Peters and Dawk is that the GM showed him that the Eagles really wanted him. Banner and Reid told Dawk to go to Denver. I'm sure that they talked about some things when he signed that contract and that they are on the same page, at least for this year anyway LOL. Pro football is such a cut throat business.

Comment

Love it ! That is exactly what I was hoping for.

Comment

And in terms of getting the contract done, Peters singled out owner Jeffrey Lurie as a critical part of the process.
              “We’re best friends,” Peters said of Lurie. “We talk all the time, he texts me, we talk before every game. That’s my guy, he brought me here and stayed loyal to me.”

Lurie hasn't brought the trophy home yet but he does a good job as owner IMO. Even hiring Kelly, which was a mess, was a good move at the time. Kelly was a hot commodity and had a plan. Fell apart but I'm not sure you can lay that on Lurie.
              I think he learned over the years. Especially moves like Dawk and Trot.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

NoDak,

Totally agree about Lurie. I think we all knew that hiring Chip was going to be a feast or famine situation. Unfortunately, it was the latter. But, you have to give Lurie credit for trying to win a SB by going the innovative route.

I will never utter a bad word about Lurie after having to live through the Norman Braman years. Jeff puts a lot of effort into this team and community. I hope that is generally appreciated.

Comment

It's hard to fault a guy who is trying as hard as he is. I'm a little concerned that he got so involved with the Wentz deal, but maybe he let the others make the decision. Hiring Doug was a little suspicious too but that seems to be working well. I've certainly done a 180 on him but I think that he's done a 180 too since he bought the team.

Comment

Working...
                  X