Negotiated the Deal - NFL Sunday Ticket + Super Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SF,
    After three different CS Reps failed for 6 months to explain the problem and one trip to their offices only to hear, the manager is gone for the day, they finally told me where the charge came from..............as I was handing in my equipment. Just a little too late. They still want me to pay for the time they cut the service off, even though it was their fault it was cut off. The battle goes on as I ignore them....but I have to worry about the credit part.
    Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
      SF,
      The battle goes on as I ignore them....but I have to worry about the credit part.
      That's their ace in the hole. No one wants to worry about a negative item on their credit report. I hate those bastards. It happened to me with SBC.

Comment

Pedro you're a cop right? Just shoot the sons of bitches!! I hate Comcast too. I've never seen such incompetent people in my life and I've dealt with Sprint and USAir so that's saying something!
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

That's funny. Comcast is one of the only mega-corporations that I've gotten consistently _good_ customer service from.

Topic - I'm so sick of the NFL/Directv monopoly. How can this possibly be a good business practice for the NFL? I would buy Sunday Ticket in a heartbeat if it was available on my cable system, but I'm not switching to the frigging dish to do it.
          The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleIggle
            That's funny. Comcast is one of the only mega-corporations that I've gotten consistently _good_ customer service from.

Topic - I'm so sick of the NFL/Directv monopoly. How can this possibly be a good business practice for the NFL? I would buy Sunday Ticket in a heartbeat if it was available on my cable system, but I'm not switching to the frigging dish to do it.
            Just curious as to why you don't want the dish? I love Directv, and found it to be much less expensive than cable. Getting the Sunday Ticket doesn't hurt, either.

Comment

Originally posted by jmuCJ

Just curious as to why you don't want the dish? I love Directv, and found it to be much less expensive than cable. Getting the Sunday Ticket doesn't hurt, either.
              I'm in a similar situation to 2&A - I've got a north-facing apartment and no place to put a dish, plus have heard some horror stories from friends of mine who have it about technical screwups. I like my digital cable package (and like I said, Comcast has been pretty good to me). I would love to get Sunday Ticket, but it's just not worth it. One more season at the sports bar for me...
              The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Because DirecTV paid NFL more money for exclusive rights than they'd make selling cable packages. The reason why DirecTV did this is because they know that people like me will have DTV mainly because of the Sunday Ticket.

Comment

I'm in a similar situation to 2&A - I've got a north-facing apartment and no place to put a dish, plus have heard some horror stories from friends of mine who have it about technical screwups. I like my digital cable package (and like I said, Comcast has been pretty good to me). I would love to get Sunday Ticket, but it's just not worth it. One more season at the sports bar for me...
                  Gotcha.

Comment

Anothr reason for the NFL to allow this is because DirecTV was started and is still owned in large part by Rupert Murdoch who also owns Fox. That means that he has two networks that bid on NFL games. Comcast has been pretty forthcoming about their desire to create a sports network to compete with ESPN. Their OLN is already carrying the NHL and National Lacross Leagues. I suspect that at some point the NFL will require that DirecTV be allowed to carry the games that Comcast SportsNet is going to broadcast and in exchange Comcast will be allowed to begin to offer the Sunday Ticket package. That's still a ways off but it's coming. I remember 10 years ago asking Comcast when they expected to offer the NFL package and they kept saying they were trying to get it included in the next broadcast package negotiation. At some point, they'll get it.
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                    X