Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If one player steps up - who makes the most difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On top of what I already said. I have one of those feelings that McNabb is going to have the best season of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by The Captain
      On top of what I already said. I have one of those feelings that McNabb is going to have the best season of his career.
      I agree. I think Donnie feels he has something to prove this season. People keep talking about TO and his revenge but I think McNabb has a few things to get off of his chest as well.
      FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Well, IMO, it's real simple-- this team goes as #5 goes.

Kearse can step up and or Howard can step up or Akers or Lito---- but none of them will have near the impact that #5 has when he steps up this year!

Now if we are only talking about new guys and not injured guys--- I gotta go with the Howardzer... his game comes back-- the whole D's game rises notches above!

Comment

I'd agree with BP. Westbrook especially, but how the backs perform, or are allowed to perform, will be the key to the season, IMO.
          Your confidence in your team is high, but rest assured, you will suffer humiliation when the sports team from my area defeats the sports team from your area.

Comment

Captain made a good point about the lack of coverage ability by our LBers last season. We really missed Ike. Adams and Jones aren't good in coverage, and Trot, who to his credit really worked on his coverage stuff, is pretty much a liabiltiy as well. Teams took major advantage of that.

Hopefully, McCoy will step up, and become a serviceable WILL that can cover. Having him on the field with Barber on passing downs will hopefully give us two backers that can cover pretty well. That will make a huge difference.

Comment

I'd say Westbrook.

Comment

Right now, linebacker is our weakest position. We need one (or both) of the young guys, McCoy and Gocong to step up. The less I see of Dhani Jones, the happier I'll be.
                "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge
                  Right now, linebacker is our weakest position. We need one (or both) of the young guys, McCoy and Gocong to step up. The less I see of Dhani Jones, the happier I'll be.
                  What - you don't like bow ties?

Comment

No bow ties & no "air guitar" playing works for me.To be fair,Jones is playing out of postion(he's a WIL)but since no other options are on the roster(Gocong needs a year)and roster cuts at SAM yield very little,Jones will be the SAM this year.Hopefully the improved D-line won't expose this weakness as much as '05.
                    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird
                      No bow ties & no "air guitar" playing works for me.To be fair,Jones is playing out of postion(he's a WIL)but since no other options are on the roster(Gocong needs a year)and roster cuts at SAM yield very little,Jones will be the SAM this year.Hopefully the improved D-line won't expose this weakness as much as '05.
                      It sure would be nice if Greg Richmond played like I the staff thinks he is capable of.

Comment

I also think the D has enough depth and quality to come back to the top without oen guy stepping up. For me the O has to open up and it doesn't have to be the big production guy to do that. Year long production from the TE (be it LJ or Schobel but I think it is Schobel who steps up) will allow Brown, Gaffney, and Westbrook to succeed.
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Working...
                        X