Giants just fired both HC and GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants just fired both HC and GM

Didn't expect them to fire Jerry Reese as well. That team seems to be heading in a downward spiral for at least a while. OBJ is a UFA in 2019. You think he is going to want to resign there ? I doubt it unless things change rapidly.

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
    Didn't expect them to fire Jerry Reese as well. That team seems to be heading in a downward spiral for at least a while. OBJ is a UFA in 2019. You think he is going to want to resign there ? I doubt it unless things change rapidly.
    As soon as the 2 of them came up with the brilliant idea to bench Manning in favor of Smith I knew that they were both gone if they lost Sunday. If they went with Webb maybe you could see it, but Smith was just ridiculous.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Sooooooooooooo Expected!

Comment

Everyone interested in or associated with the Gnats expected both Reese and Brylcream to be fired at the end of the season. The Gnat ownership has a rep for acting deliberately and NEVER firing a HC or GM in season. But Numbnuts McAdoo, with Reese's endorsement, choose to act prematurely and embarrass Eli by starting the loser Smith with only 5 games to go. I think it would have been different if Numbnuts had started Webb instead.

Ownership may also have consented to Numbnut's desire to bench Eli but when the overwhelming tidal wave of angry disapproval kept growing, ownership essentially said, "Fuck McAdoo. It was his brilliant idea! Maybe his blood will relieve some of the heat from the lynch mob."

McAdoo has proven himself to be not only a poor HC but also an asshole and one arrogant mother fucker. I doubt he ever gets another Head coaching gig in the NFL.

And to think, he was under serious consideration by the Birds to replace Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          As soon as the 2 of them came up with the brilliant idea to bench Manning in favor of Smith I knew that they were both gone if they lost Sunday. If they went with Webb maybe you could see it, but Smith was just ridiculous.
          "We need to see what we have with Geno."

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
            "We need to see what we have with Geno."
            Well Mac, I see that Geno still at least has a job unlike yourself even though he sucks more than you do.

Comment

They were both gone no matter what they did.
              Last edited by Zepster; 12-04-2017, 09:41 PM.
              Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
                They were both gone no matter what they did.
                Not sure about Reese Zep, but I don't think that I've ever heard of a GM getting the ax inseason. For both to go the same day is unheard of. Plus it isn't like the Maras to do something like this. Isn't it wonderful!!!

Comment

Not sure about Reese Zep, but I don't think that I've ever heard of a GM getting the ax inseason. For both to go the same day is unheard of. Plus it isn't like the Maras to do something like this. Isn't it wonderful!!!

I think they were both dead men walking for a while now, sunday was the straw that broke the camels back. Webb probably wasn't ready to go out there and that's the excuse they used to axe Reese as well as the coach, after all he picked Webb in the draft.
                  Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Now lets hope they make some more bad decisions. Always makes me feel warm inside when the Giants suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                      Now lets hope they make some more bad decisions. Always makes me feel warm inside when the Giants suck.
                      Too bad Chip decided to go back to college. Then again Jack Del Rio will be available.

Comment

Working...
                      X