Keys to the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keys to the game

Everyone is focused on the injured guys (secondary, Westbrook and Donte) but I don't see that being as big a factor as some other areas. It would be nice to have Hood and Stallworth but remember that the last time we played this team we dominated for 56 minutes. They didn't have TO but we didn't have a healthy McNabb either.

1. THE PLAY OF OUR D TACKLES. Stopping the run and 1st and 2nd down will be huge. If we can limit the big gains on first and second down with our front 7, things become a lot harder for Bledsoe. Having Bledsoe needing to convert on 3rd and long will be in our favor.

Pressure up the middle on passing downs will make Drew uncomfortable. When he can't step into a throw, things get ugly. Walker, Patterson, Bunkley, Ramsey need to all contribute. Maybe even get a sack or 2 or at least get the pressure so the ENDs can finish him off.

2. O-LINE. These guys are good enough to take the game in their own hands and win it. We ran the ball very well vs the 3-4 in San Fran. Grant you, Dallas is more talented but they can be run on if you make a commitment to it. Reid did it last year in the Monday night game when we ran for something like 150 yards. Whether its Westbrook, Buckhalter, or Moats, expect a little more running this game. Those guys just need to hang on to the ball.

O-Line and blitz pick ups by the back will be the key to McNabb having a good game. I'd feel a lot better if it's Westbrook picking up the blitz over Bucky and especially Moats.

3. Kicking game. Last year we gave up big returns to Dallas and can't let that happen again. If Vanderjagt is kicking off, we can get some REALLY good field position. Also, if it comes down to battle of field goals we should win. Vanderjagt is one of the biggest losers in the NFL.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

I think you can expand #1 to include the entire defensive line, rotation, et al. These guys have got to beat the boys' O-line in the trenches. Period. If we lose that battle, we will have a hard time winning the game.

Comment

Working...
    X