From the strange but true department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the strange but true department

1) The Eagles have played 5 games and have had 5 different players lead the team in receiving yardage:

at Texans - Donte Stallworth
    vs Giants - L.J. Smith
    at 49ers - Reggie Brown
    vs Packers - Greg Lewis
    vs Cowboys - Hank Baskett

Amazing. I guess it is Brian Westbrook's turn next week.

2) While the Eagles are now 4-1 on the season, the other 3 teams that played in the conference championship games a mere 4 years ago, after the 2002 season, aren't doing quite as well. They are a combined 0-13. Both Tampa Bay and Oakland are 0-4, while Tennessee is 0-5. (Detroit is the only other team still winless.) The Eagles play at Tampa Bay in 2 weeks and host Tennessee in mid-November.

4 years is a long time in the NFL. Says something about the Eagles front office that they've been able to sustain a quality team for so long.
    Originally posted by DuckyNinja
    I think if FredEx were still on the Eagles, he'd be our best receiver. Seriously. No joke.

Comment

I feel like Donovan is one of the best at checking off the WR's. I give him so much credit for being able to spread the ball around so much.

Comment

I believe that this says more about the system than the players or QB. This system is designed to take what the defense gives you (through what it takes away). If they cover your star with a safety over top, the TE or HB will have an area to slip into while covered by a linebacker. This allows the others to be the primary receiver. Plus, the #1 receiver (Pinky in past) had a role of just going deep to take a safety, which allowed the others to be in single coverage or going to an open zone. This allowed the middle receivers to get passes.

AR scripts enough plays to see how the D is covering certain routes or players. He then adjusts to that by going to the receievers who are covered by linebackers, safeties or third corners. AR is finding the mismatches with ALL of the receivers. DM is just good enough to be able to work AR's magic.
        Pedro

Comment

Working...
        X