The State of Officiating in the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The State of Officiating in the NFL

Over the past few years we have seen a pretty good turnover in NFL officials. Guys like Gene Steratore who was the Super Bowl Head official who graded out the best from last year, retired.That is part of the issue here, the turnover that is happening. The biggest issues I see with officiating is this:

1. Too many rules, and not just the quantity but the complexity of these rules.

2. No accountability- I follow nfl officiating on Twitter, never once do they admit they are wrong.

3. No consistency - week to week different officials crews understand the rules differently. See number one for part of the reason.

How can they change this? Can they simply the rules, probably not as they are for "player safety". I think the checks and balances is important. I like the idea of a the Super Offical, not in New York but in the stadium in a box, that is watching every replay, every snap. They can correct errors, like the face mask on Foles, the personal fouls calls that are not. There would be limits but I think it would make the product better. And it shouldn't take much time because that offical wouldn't confer with the officals on the field, they would simply buzz down and say Personal Foul on 90 face mask. Will that take care of the issues no. The fumble that wasn't in the Dallas game was pure larceny by the NFL. Its about a guy who doesn't understand the rules being in charge.

This is a huge issue and every week it leaves the fans, the teams and the experts perplexed.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Good Post!

Comment

I still like the 3 bullet proposal.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I am in agreement about facemask calls. I don't want to legislate more PI calls. But I want more than anything that Al Riverion be let go! There is no way that clear recovery nonsense cannot go unpunished! That call on Goddert plus more recently that call on the Pittsburgh defender were just as bad as bad can be!

Comment

Working...
        X