Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want any of these guys back in 2019?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want any of these guys back in 2019?

Free agents: Tate, Wallace, Ngata, Warmack, Maragos, C Graham, Sproles, Hicks, Ajayi

Possible releases: Foles (20.6 mil), Peters (10.6 mil), McLeod (9.9 mil), Maragos (2.2 mil), Smallwood (780K)

I'd sign Brandon Graham, Darby, Elliot. Give new deals to Grugier-Hill and Cameron Johnston.

I think I'd let all other free agents go. Hicks is the only possible one to keep.

Then we'd have even more money for FA targets like Robby Anderson, Frank Clark, Kwon Alexander, or one of the stud safeties in Landon Collins/Clinton Dix/Earl Thomas, Mathieu

what sez everyone else?

Dawk in addition to the guys you want to resign I’d add Ajayi and if Sproles wants to play another year I’d bring him back too. It goes without saying that if Foles is willing to come back for a reasonable amount I’d bring him back as well.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I'd take Wallace back at this seasons price and I want to see more of Tate. Sproles is someone you have to have back. IMO he is just as big a spark as Foles. Ngata I would sign on the cheap otherwise, see ya. Hicks is someone I would take back, but with his injury list it shouldn't be much more than a cost of living increase. Graham has me torn, I know he gets good pressure and makes some KEY plays, but lined up next to Cox, I expect more results. I wish we had someone like the criminals in Dallas at DE.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
        Free agents: Tate, Wallace, Ngata, Warmack, Maragos, C Graham, Sproles, Hicks, Ajayi

Possible releases: Foles (20.6 mil), Peters (10.6 mil), McLeod (9.9 mil), Maragos (2.2 mil), Smallwood (780K)

I'd sign Brandon Graham, Darby, Elliot. Give new deals to Grugier-Hill and Cameron Johnston.

I think I'd let all other free agents go. Hicks is the only possible one to keep.

Then we'd have even more money for FA targets like Robby Anderson, Frank Clark, Kwon Alexander, or one of the stud safeties in Landon Collins/Clinton Dix/Earl Thomas, Mathieu

what sez everyone else?
        I know that you don't like McLeod Dawk but you have to admit that the defense went south as soon as he got hurt, especially in the red zone. Maybe they can redo his contract? That's a big hit that he's due but I'm sure that they could work something out. Jeff doesn't mind Howie throwing bonus money at these guys.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Sproles is the only definite. I would keep Peters at a lower number for one more year until Rugby is ready! Wish we could have seen what Wallace offered. Prefer to get DJax in that spot! Everywhere else I want to go younger! Draft speed speed and more speed

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
            Sproles is the only definite. I would keep Peters at a lower number for one more year until Rugby is ready! Wish we could have seen what Wallace offered. Prefer to get DJax in that spot! Everywhere else I want to go younger! Draft speed speed and more speed
            I'd love Peters back. I don't know about the economics because I don't have the software for it. It seems like he's made a $billion since he's been here.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              I'd love Peters back. I don't know about the economics because I don't have the software for it. It seems like he's made a $billion since he's been here.
              I want him back too but the injuries keep piling up. Hopefully a full off season will have Rugby ready to be the back up left tackle in 2019 and the starter in 2020

Comment

Boy, we have a lot of free agents in 2019

Sproles and Long - Yes to both as I think they may come back at a very good value. These guys are pretty important, especially Sproles.

I would love Brandon Graham and Darby back. But, their contracts are going probably going to shoot through the roof (over $10mil each).

Would Nick come back for $7m a year for 3 years as a backup ? The guy is worth it IMO.

Jordan Hicks seems so injury prone. I would take him back at a VERY fair contract only.

I would love to have Ajayi back. But, he is going to want some coin.

I would take Wallace back for 1 more year at the same salary. He has missed all but 1 game and I doubt he will get anything over 4 mil for a year.

I really thought Tate was going to kick butt for us. But, he is not worth a market value salary of $10-11 mil, based on what we have seen.

Howie has a ton of work to do in the offseason.

Comment

it's a nice story and I appreciate what he has done in the handful of games he has played, but.....

counting on anything from a 37 year old HB is crazy.

But hey, get him at 1.5 mil again, and I suppose it's worth the risk?

as for McLeod. He aint worth 9 million. Not even close! I'd argue that if healthy this D still would have struggled. It wasn't his absence that caused the issues. It was Jernigan and Barnett hurting the depth of the D-Line. Then the corner injuries. I'm ready to move on from him for sure

Comment

Maybe won't create this interest that everyone seems to think he will. He doesn't sound like a $10 cb to me but I don't understand salaries anymore. I'm not close to financially judging valuations any of these guys. Didn't they change Peter's contract to something like $38 million for 3 years? I'm lost. And Dawk, aren't the last years of most contracts money that won't ever be seen? I really think that they will restructure McLeod. It's tough to watch you're players leave every year isn't it? It's interesting that Seattle's defense doesn't seem to have missed Bennett though.

Comment

what sez everyone else?
                      I don't think any of those players are must bring back (Foles vs. Wentz not withstanding) I would also add Jerigan to that list of releases. They redid his contract and cut all the guarantees out so he would save us 11 million. Also not sure Nelson is here at 9.4 million either.

Kwon Alexander and Jalen Mills are really good friends. He may be able to sell him on coming here. Alexander got hurt this year which will depress his value. I would love to get him here.
                      As for safety I would move Rasul there and play him with Jenkins. Draft a couple of safeties.
                      Love Robby Anderson but I think he is a restricted free agent.
                      I may look at a Jake Fisher or Donovan Smith at left tackle, they both are better than BIG V.

There are going to be holes no doubt. Howie will need to get creative to fill them all.
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I'd love a healthy Ajayi back.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          I'd love a healthy Ajayi back.
                          he was already a health ? I don't know if he ever returns to form. If he comes back close to last season, he can still do big things in this offense
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                            Love Robby Anderson but I think he is a restricted free agent.
                            crap, you are right! Would love to have him. Maybe a trade of a 2020 pick?

speaking of speedy WRs, I want no part of Desean. He is the ultimate Diva and would only be good for a few games before being out with a hangnail or something

Comment

crap, you are right! Would love to have him. Maybe a trade of a 2020 pick?

speaking of speedy WRs, I want no part of Desean. He is the ultimate Diva and would only be good for a few games before being out with a hangnail or something
                              For the life of me I can't figure out why we can't draft a good rb. Everybody else seems to be able to. I can see missing at other spots but rb seems to me to be the easiest position on the team to spot talent at and we keep ending up with junk. We shouldn't have to go after a FA to get one. There's really no excuse for the situation that we have although I know that you really can't predict Ajayi's injury. Then again we knew he had some issues there when we traded for him but I don't think that there was a question that he could hold up for 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X