• Game balls

A lot to go around but in order . . .

1. Donovan McNabb
    2. Darwin Walker
    3. Darren Howard
    4. Lito Sheppard
    5. Hank Baskett
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Sheppard is #2 purely for saving the fucking game with that INT and generally rendering Glenn/Owens ineffective all day.

Walker DID have a great game after some sketchy starts, so he deserves to be in the top 5. But not #2.

Comment

You can't stop at 5 .. Trent Cole was a beast too ... a sack and 9 tackles AT D-END?

Comment

The Whole Defense... Mac Daddy second- Lito's performance third...
        http://www.myspace.com/r3nj

Comment

I think Howard had an exceptional game. He forced fumbles, had a couple of sacks and run stops. This was his game, if any one of the defensive players could be singled out. Overall, the Eagles D played a very solid game against a good offense. Allowing only 17 pts is pretty good after a shaky 1st half.

Comment

The D was great (with the exception of Lewis at the end and Sheldon missing a few tackles) but McNabb was unreal today as he has been all season. He had no running game and receivers were dropping the ball all over the place but he still puts up 350 yards passing and 31 points.

McNabb is #1 on my list.
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

lol - on the box score on yahoo it has defensive 'yards'

the only eagles it lists as having any are:

thomas: 2.0 (from a sack)
              cole: 8.0 (from a sack)
              howard: 8.0 (from sack)
              walker: 31.0

and

sheppard: 102.0
              Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

On offense, McNabb was the certaintly the key guy, he played very well and ensured that we would score enough to beat a decent opponent.
                MVP!

I was surprised that Donovan did not run today, however. I wonder if that was a planned approache to a strong Dallas front-7?

Comment

I doubt many teams will put up more than 30 on Dallas this year.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I know the fans didn't make any plays, but they deserve a piece of that game ball as well. The crowd at the Linc brought it loud and heavy, all game long.
                    Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

To go along with the whole D concept I have to say I also thought Barber had a good game. And the DL didn't seem to rotate as much as they have in the past so I have to give them props for staying power.
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Theo
                        I know the fans didn't make any plays, but they deserve a piece of that game ball as well. The crowd at the Linc brought it loud and heavy, all game long.
                        I gave myself a game ball. But I am curious....were you at the game or could you tell on TV how loud we were?

Tuna got mad when the crowd noise was brought up, but it just might be him trying to avoid excuses. I remember one timeout called by Bledsoe in the second half that seemed to be while he was yelling to everyone.
                        Pedro

Comment

Cole/Howard/Walker- dominated Dallas all day

Sheppard- two picks

McNabb = some great calls, and nice deep passes that killed Dallas.

The Eagles OL. Any pressure I saw was from coverage, and or McNabb holding the ball for 7 seconds.
                          Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Working...
                          X