X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Hire Tom Gamble

This seems like a great hire!

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...8-4797f03f3b2f
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
    25 years in the biz, son of Harry Gamble, proven winner. He goes from Director of Player Personel to VP of Player Personel. I'm sure that it's a bump in pay but could it be that much to have him leave SF for here? Guess so but sounds like a good hire & when you listen to the interview between Howie & Spuds, it's quite a FO being put together.
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

This hire may be as big as hiring Chip Kelly as coach or bigger in the long run. I wanted hom to replace Roseman, if the Eagles had done a complete house-cleaning.

Comment

Excellent hiring. he is a proven winner and a local guy. Really like it. Best move in a few years this team has made
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

In the Bizzarro world we have become accustomed to over the past few seasons (in which coaches with no defensive experience are tapped to be DC's and forced to work with crotchedy old position coaches with independent ideas), this move almost seems too good to be real.
          "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Roseman has really put his stamp on this organization and this is just another great move. A personnel guy who helped build the Niners is just what was needed. I was guilty of giving Reid another chance each year, but with what's happened so far, I wish I hadnt held on so long.

Comment

For all the crap Howie has taken, it just might be time to say that he is really putting a solid FO together. Give credit where it's due. Lurie is also doing the right thing: Surround yourself with good "football people" and get the hell out of the way. Cracks me up when I hear that this is not a "rebuilding" process. Fact is, Birds needed an ennema & with the rebuilt FO & Coaching changes, I like the beginning.
              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

You know what ? Maybe Howie is a generally nice guy that people can trust. It's easy to put a label on people that you don't actually know.

The guy has put up with a ton of crap from people that have jumped to conclusions. I hope he proves everyone wrong.

I am always telling my wife that I would never, ever want to be a public figure in today's society. Paparazzi, news media looking for ratings, twitter, complete idiot posters like you find on philadelphiaeagles.com....who really wants that ?

I don't know how these guys handle the pressure. If a paparazzi was to invade my personal space, he would be suing me later for personal injury.

BTW, I belong to several forums. This place is the ONLY forum where I don't want to slam my head on the table in frustration. We may not all agree. But, I have respect for everyone here......

Group hug (opening next beer).

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
                  For all the crap Howie has taken, it just might be time to say that he is really putting a solid FO together. Give credit where it's due. Lurie is also doing the right thing: Surround yourself with good "football people" and get the hell out of the way. Cracks me up when I hear that this is not a "rebuilding" process. Fact is, Birds needed an ennema & with the rebuilt FO & Coaching changes, I like the beginning.
                  This team needed to rebuild the year after the Superbowl, when the TO crap hit a crescendo, but Reid never wanted to take a step back nor gut the team- which it needed.

At least it's finally happened.

Comment

I have no clue (...as my wife often reminds me!) of who does a good job in the various front offices of the league. So I have no way of knowing if this is a good move or a bad move - except that it appears that everywhere Gamble has gone the teams have improved. During his 6 years with the Colts they went from the absolute bottom of the barrel to a perennial playoff team. With the Niners he did the same thing. Here's hoping he's going to put us in a position to succeed - and more importantly that this is the last time any of us ever hear that expression!!
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                      I have no clue (...as my wife often reminds me!) of who does a good job in the various front offices of the league. So I have no way of knowing if this is a good move or a bad move - except that it appears that everywhere Gamble has gone the teams have improved. During his 6 years with the Colts they went from the absolute bottom of the barrel to a perennial playoff team. With the Niners he did the same thing. Here's hoping he's going to put us in a position to succeed - and more importantly that this is the last time any of us ever hear that expression!!
                      I already heard Chip Kelly use that expression once at his first press conference. But it was only once in 35 minutes instead of once every 35 seconds, cough, cough.
                      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I agree I don't know if this will work out but it sure seems to be a good move. He comes here having had success in his previous stints and has some good Haddonfield blood in him. As with all the moves I hope it is completely succesful.
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Working...
                        X