No announcement yet.

Bennett indicted on Felony Charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN in Philly is saying the rent-a-cop was an elderly disabled woman who told him he needed to go through a different entrance to access the field. He ignored her and went ahead. She was knocked down and the cop who saw this “lost him in the crowd”. When the Police Chief was asked why they waited a year to bring this before a Grand Jury (they knew who it was since Bennett grew up there and still lives there). The Chief said they had other ‘bigger issues’ to deal with. Well things must be getting pretty damned peaceful in Houston since they are prosecuting now. We need this Police Chief to head up law enforcement at a national level! Imagine, in one brief year we won’t have anything more serious than jay walking to worry about!!!
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Yeah---- this whole thing is startin to stink to high heaven!

Comment

Yeah but I never like the son of a bitch I wish they wouldn’t even got him.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
          Yeah but I never like the son of a bitch I wish they wouldn’t even got him.

What he said!

Comment

It’s not the flag thing for me either. I think he’s lying about that deal in Las Vegas and I think he’s dirty on the field. I don’t like him at all. I’ll cheer for him because he’s an eagle but hope he is gone.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              It’s not the flag thing for me either. I think he’s lying about that deal in Las Vegas and I think he’s dirty on the field. I don’t like him at all. I’ll cheer for him because he’s an eagle but hope he is gone.

Nor for me.

I just think he's a self-absorbed, blowhard POS. He's the kind of guy Jerry is drawn to, ignoring character in favor of on-field production.

Comment

This sounds about right

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/...ensive-end-nfl
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

We'll have to see. Bennett's sister says she has the whole thing on video. If she does it will explain everything.
                  FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                    We'll have to see. Bennett's sister says she has the whole thing on video. If she does it will explain everything.
                    If there is a video how did he get indicted? Sorry, I'm not buying that one. Besides, the police said that there is no video in a statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      If there is a video how did he get indicted? Sorry, I'm not buying that one. Besides, the police said that there is no video in a statement.
                      Just devils advocate.... But just cause the police say they don't have a video doesn't mean that there isn't one.

Comment

His sister suddenly having a video of her brother just walking onto the field 13 months later sounds as weird as this whole story itself.

Bennett sounds like a bit of a jackass either way. I'm with everyone else that his presence makes me nervous. So easy for one malcontent to ruin a team, no matter how good he is. (example #1, T.O.)

Comment

Ah yes! The Houston Police Department. This is an organization that is not overwhelmed by awards for professionalism and unquestioned credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                            Ah yes! The Houston Police Department. This is an organization that is not overwhelmed by awards for professionalism and unquestioned credibility.
                            I'm no lawyer but wouldn't the socalled video be provided to the grand jury before he was indicted so he could be exonerated? ? Why would you be filming your brother walking through a gate to the field? This must have been some private entrance that the women was supervising where something couldn't possibly go wrong for her to be working it. Elder and handicapped people are often hired for these types of jobs. His track record lying about how the police treated him in Vegas isn't going to help him here either.

Comment

I am going on record here. If Bennett intentionally harmed that woman I want him gone from the team and tossed in jail. But this whole thing stinks of a money and attention grab to me. Why is the Chief of Police holding a press conference for an indictment of a crime no one knew about that occured 13 months earlier? They file charges against people literally every day. Why was a PC called for this one? Ah, of course - he doesn’t get national attention without it. And what knd of “justice” system do they have when the Chief of Police is allowed to make the statements he made BEFORE a trial? He is absolutely influencing potential jurors. The Police still have a reaponsibility to act in a professional manner with he assumption of innocence until proven guilty. This guy is an embarrassment to our justce system and this whole thing smells of a money grab by the victim and an attention grab by the Chief.
                              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I'm no lawyer but wouldn't the socalled video be provided to the grand jury before he was indicted so he could be exonerated? ? Why would you be filming your brother walking through a gate to the field? This must have been some private entrance that the women was supervising where something couldn't possibly go wrong for her to be working it. Elder and handicapped people are often hired for these types of jobs. His track record lying about how the police treated him in Vegas isn't going to help him here either.
                                Obviously I’m not a lawyer either. The Grand Jury process is showing enough evidence to proceed to a trial. It’s not a guilty or innocent verdict. The prosecutor presents the evidence. Bennett in no way was obligated to produce the video. Maybe the prosecutor doesn’t know of it’s existence.

Comment

Working...
                                X