No announcement yet.

Michael Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evidently the swap of a seventh for a fifth are in 2020 not this year-- per Eagles website. Not sure of the impact there. Always good to have extra future picks. And they cleared some more cap space this year. Have to wait to see what Howie does with this. If he can pick up a good RB and then draft DL maybe it will work out
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

I am a little torn on this one. On one hand he is 34yrs old, wants to start and wants a raise. He is isn't good enough against the run to start ahead of Barnett (remember him) and Graham (who is good against the run). Still he can rush the passer and as a situational guy he is very good.

This one probably wasn't as much about money but 7 million could really help them.

I think it came down to Bennett or Long staying. Long also has said he wants to play more. They chose Long who is just as old but is at a lower dollar. Lets face it is a much better off the field ambassador to the Eagle Brand than Bennett who still awaits his day in court for the Super Bowl security guard beating.

One other thing, Howie is always thinking two to three steps ahead of what we get released. Lets see where we are at the end of next week on this one
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I suppose if the Birds were just going to release him it's better than nothing. Most likely it was a cap situation deal that none of us will ever be able to figure out. After all you can't kick the can down the road forever, especially with a 34 year old player. We already have done that with Peters and Graham and we all know that Peters will ever budge off his number. How much can you gamble on aging players? We knew that somebody had to go. It sounds to me like they are going to pay Darby who we all guessed that he was going to be the one to go.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Hey all I know at this point is that we have lost some talent so far this year-- Foles and Bennett--- and have gotten squadush in return. While we have retained some guys, I hope the replacement guys can fill the shoes.

Comment

Bennett is a great player. But so are Graham, Bennett and I hope this means along is back. The only problem I’ve ever had with Bennett is being a team player. I kind of thought his stay in Philly would be 1 year.

The return sucks. However, what if it was the best offer we got? I mean, isn’t that possible for a 34 year old me first guy?

I can’t realky judge til I see what we do with all of this cap savings

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
              Bennett is a great player. But so are Graham, Bennett and I hope this means along is back. The only problem I’ve ever had with Bennett is being a team player. I kind of thought his stay in Philly would be 1 year.

The return sucks. However, what if it was the best offer we got? I mean, isn’t that possible for a 34 year old me first guy?

I can’t realky judge til I see what we do with all of this cap savings
              All I'm saying is that these moves are just plain salary dumps to appease the cap gods--- let's see what happens.

But some talent has left the building! And I for one will not try and downplay that talent level.

Comment

If they take that $7 million and sign CJ Mosley to a 4 year $40 million deal than we won IMO.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                  If they take that $7 million and sign CJ Mosley to a 4 year $40 million deal than we won IMO.
                  There will be a lot of interest for him. We'll get into a bidding war and I don't think that's what Howie is trying to do right now. Who really knows what they are thinking??? He'd look good in green if it ever comes about.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                  X