Darwin Walker appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darwin is a cool she-ite and I wish him luck

he did kind of get that funny "brain head" when he took his helmet off. what the hell was that all about?

Comment

One of the better FA signings we ever made -- he was a 2nd round "bust" in Arizona who we got for jack shit in the (?) '01 offseason. Ended up giving us a pretty solid tenure at his position. 6 years is a full career for most DT prospects these days between injuries and dropoff (or, per Corey Simon, addon).

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd and Arch
        One of the better FA signings we ever made -- he was a 2nd round "bust" in Arizona who we got for jack shit in the (?) '01 offseason. Ended up giving us a pretty solid tenure at his position. 6 years is a full career for most DT prospects these days between injuries and dropoff (or, per Corey Simon, addon).

i thought he was a waiver wire pickup -- released by the Cardinals, picked up by the Eagles. a great, great pickup.
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
          Thanks for the lift, big guy!!

Darwin with his family, his Dad probably had that smile the whole day:
          I met the two men to the left of Darwin. I chatted with them and a couple other family members after a game in Atlanta a couple years ago. His father was very nice. I wish I had a camera at the time, so I would have a picture titled "The Walker Family". (same last name)
          Pedro

Comment

Thanks Mr. Walker. Good luck with the new team (except when facing the Eagles!)

Comment

I just stared at that Darwin Walker picture for two minutes trying to figure out if he was wearing a bra.

Comment

He wasn't always as consistent as we would have liked, but he was a solid starter for 5+ seasons and seemed to be a class act off the field. I don't know how much he'll be missed on the field, but I'm pretty sure he'll be missed in the locker room. Best of luck in Buffalo, DW.
                The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

See ya LOSER!!!
                  Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

(chuckling) I guess Zepster just read the other thread about how Walker thought he was grossly underpaid!
                    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I suppose I'm in the minority, but except for a select few games he hasn't done squat for the last 2 yrs and I thought he was being grossly over paid!! So good riddance.
                      Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Working...
                      X