No announcement yet.

Jason Babin Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babin was also a PR nightmare as he complained about the fans. Plus he's taking snaps away from Curry so why not? I watched Babin intently last night and all he did was run up the field. When a ball carrier got by him, he jogged to the pile afterwards. He's one dimensional and that one dimension has sucked this year.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
      Babin was also a PR nightmare as he complained about the fans. Plus he's taking snaps away from Curry so why not? I watched Babin intently last night and all he did was run up the field. When a ball carrier got by him, he jogged to the pile afterwards. He's one dimensional and that one dimension has sucked this year.

I hated him last year when he had 18 sacks. How can you hate a guy who gets you 18 sacks? But this moron found a way.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
        Hey, I am not lamenting the loss of Babin. I'm just saying there are a lot of players that we can release - including Cole, who has done nothing this year.

Trent Cole and Jason Babin should not be uttered in the same sentence, much less compared in this denigrating fashion.

Cole has not had a good season, but the man is a flat out warrior who brings it every game, and has been doing it for years.
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
          But what is the point? how does this benefit us? Are they going to grab a body or two (Jackson to IR opens up another roster spot) from off the street for shits and giggles? I'm not lamenting the loss, I just don't see what this does to benefit us.
          It gives Vinny Curry and Brandon Graham more snaps for the rest of the year, so the team can make a call on whether or not they can be relied on for next season.

Comment

Well, I do want to see more of Curry, so bring it on.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
              Trent Cole and Jason Babin should not be uttered in the same sentence, much less compared in this denigrating fashion.

Cole has not had a good season, but the man is a flat out warrior who brings it every game, and has been doing it for years.
              Cole has either been ruined by the wide nine technique that he is forced to play - or he is over the hill. I wouldn't lament his loss either at this point.

Graham is another player that we can shed without a tear.
              "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                Coleman next please.
                PLEASE!

I mean, heck....they could have played Babin at safety and it would have been better

surely he has to go too

Comment

Eagles Release Jason Babin

Posted by Denny Basens BREAKING NEWS, Tuesday, November 27th, 2012

In a stunning move on Tuesday
                  afternoon, the Philadelphia Eagles released defensive end Jason Babin.
                  With the season now a lost cause at 3-8, the Eagles have decided to begin shedding some of the dead wood and bad personalities on the roster and Babin, a man who just a night ago tried to promote and sell his own t-shirts before the game, is the first to go.
                  Babin was in the second year of a big five-year contract. He was brought in a year ago to help the defense flourish in their new Wide-Nine defensive scheme. While the defensive end put up 18 sacks a year ago, his total had dropped to just 5.5 this season.
                  Babin ultimately was a selfish player that was only concerned about his own statistics. It says a lot about how poor an influence he was on the locker room that the team decided to release him at this point in the year. Although he had been having a down year, he was still among the team leaders in sacks. After seeing Vinny Curry (why wasn’t he active before Week 11?) play so well, the Eagles decided to cut ties with the former Titan to help open up snaps for their second-round pick.
                  The move is also a strong indication that defensive line coach Jim Washburn and the Wide-Nine aren’t long for Philadelphia either.

Comment

The above article asks the question I think a lot of us want to know....Why wasn't Curry activated before last night?? He played well, 5 tackles for a D end splitting snaps, in his first start, is pretty darn good. The lack of anything from our other defensive ends, he should of been activated well before this. Not to mention, according to wip, they give out some kind of weekly practice player award, and he won it numerous times. It was obvious he was impressing someone. Such a frustrating team and season.
                    Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

I agree with giving Kurt Coleman lunch money and a road map. The less I see of him and his crazy mascara job, the better. He is ridiculous.
                      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Please add Nate Allen to that list as well!!
                        Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

Let Sims play more. I know he was toasted in New Orleans but at least he showed some promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post

totally agree. cole is light years ahead in my mind both as a player and a person

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                              Cole has either been ruined by the wide nine technique that he is forced to play - or he is over the hill. I wouldn't lament his loss either at this point.

Graham is another player that we can shed without a tear.
                              Graham is another player who is better than Babin in my mind. I won't shed a tear for him, true ... but Babin is other wordly in my hate for him.

Comment

Originally posted by BowieBirdFan View Post
                                Eagles Release Jason Babin

Posted by Denny Basens BREAKING NEWS, Tuesday, November 27th, 2012

In a stunning move on Tuesday
                                afternoon, the Philadelphia Eagles released defensive end Jason Babin.
                                With the season now a lost cause at 3-8, the Eagles have decided to begin shedding some of the dead wood and bad personalities on the roster and Babin, a man who just a night ago tried to promote and sell his own t-shirts before the game, is the first to go.
                                Babin was in the second year of a big five-year contract. He was brought in a year ago to help the defense flourish in their new Wide-Nine defensive scheme. While the defensive end put up 18 sacks a year ago, his total had dropped to just 5.5 this season.
                                Babin ultimately was a selfish player that was only concerned about his own statistics. It says a lot about how poor an influence he was on the locker room that the team decided to release him at this point in the year. Although he had been having a down year, he was still among the team leaders in sacks. After seeing Vinny Curry (why wasn’t he active before Week 11?) play so well, the Eagles decided to cut ties with the former Titan to help open up snaps for their second-round pick.
                                The move is also a strong indication that defensive line coach Jim Washburn and the Wide-Nine aren’t long for Philadelphia either.
                                While I agree with this in theory, Curry must have had one hell of a 2nd half because he looked like shit until I fell asleep sometime in the 3rd quarter. I do agree with the Babin release. He'll get picked up and save the Birds a little cash (not that it's mine), but I guess it will help the team. He was just a big stiff this season, and always a penalty waiting to happen.
                                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                                X