Gus Bradley - Fast Forward to 2:15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gus Bradley - Fast Forward to 2:15

* I wonder what Nnamdi, DRC and Nate Allen would think of this after they let up 3 straight 70 yard passes?
    Last edited by sfphillyfan; 01-07-2013, 11:05 AM.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post

* I wonder what Nnamdi, DRC and Nate Allen would think of this after they let up 3 straight 70 yard passes?

"I already got paid, mang."

I like in that video the position coach or whoever scurrying away as fast as he can.

Comment

I see that they have a CURRY on their bench too.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        I see that they have a CURRY on their bench too.
        * That is actually a good sign. Aaron Curry was a top 5 pick and a surefire star LB. He didn't cut it and/or pull his weight and Carroll and Bradley sent him packing.

That's coaching. That's reality. Reid "used" to do that.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

That is the kind of fire that I want to see in our next coach, even if that type of coach burns out on the players after 3 or 4 years. I keep hearing that Jeffrey wants an offensive genius. But, I am hoping that he goes for a defensive guy.

Everyone is looking for the next great offensive mind. Creative offensive schemes seem to come and go. But, great defensive minds always seem to produce consistent winners.

I don't think Lurie is going to really give Bradley a chance. But, he is my fav candidate right now (even before yesterday's game). Unfortunately, I think Bradley may be busy for a while as Seattle keeps pushing fwd in the playoffs.

Comment

I think a lot of Eagles fans agree with you, Pliny.

But Jeff has said that he wants an offensive coach because it's an offensive league.

I think differently. Why go with the trend. Blaze a trail. The best thing that could happen to us is if the Seahawks or the Niners win a SB (or two or three) with a running game and a stout defense.

Comment

It is an offensive league, but there are plenty of teams that can move the ball. I think all the games this weekend went "under". The teams with the best defenses rise to the top.

Comment

When did Lurie say he wanted an offensive coach?
                Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

Originally posted by Theo View Post
                  When did Lurie say he wanted an offensive coach?

Ray Didinger (I think) said that when he talked to Lurie in the past, Lurie said that he would always have an offensive coach because that's the way the league is these days. Now, Lurie might have changed his mind but if it came from Ray, I believe it.
                  Last edited by sfphillyfan; 01-07-2013, 07:08 PM.

Comment

No doubt that this Club needs a major league kick in the ass. No doubt that Bradley can bring that. Don't know about McCoy.
                    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Posted yesterday on CSN Philly....

Here's why the Eagles should hire Gus Bradley

January 7, 2013, 2:12 pm

Gus Bradley's Seahawks allowed 15.3 points per game, the fewest in the NFL. (USA Today Images)

Gus Bradley did more Sunday afternoon on the sideline of FedEx Field to demonstrate he deserves a head coaching job than he could ever demonstrate in some formal interview with a bunch of guys in suits at a restaurant, office or hotel suite.

The Eagles were granted permission last week to interview Bradley, the Seahawks' defensive coordinator, once the Seahawks’ wild-card game against the Redskins ended, and Bradley did nothing to hurt his candidacy.

Seattle won its first road playoff game since 1983, thanks in great part to Bradley’s swarming defense, which held the Redskins scoreless over the final 47½ minutes after spotting Washington a quick 14-0 lead.

Any Eagles fan watching Bradley’s defense had to be saying to himself, “This is what we need.”

After the Redskins took a 14-0 lead with 2:26 left in the first quarter, the 'Skins had outgained the Seahawks 129 yards to minus-two yards.

This is when Twitter blew up with some vintage anti-Bradley sentiment: “OK, let's cancel that interview with the Seahawks' defensive coordinator!" one of my followers tweeted.

But you learn more about a coach from how he responds to adversity than anything else.

And guess what.

After allowing TD drives of 80 and 49 yards in the first quarter, the Seahawks allowed nothing.

No team had come back from a 14-point deficit after the first quarter in a postseason game since – you might remember this – the Eagles beat the Packers in the 4th-and-26 game at the Linc in 2003 after trailing 14-0 after 15 minutes.

Jim Johnson found a way to do it nine years ago by harrassing Brett Favre into mistake after mistake, and Gus Bradley found a way to do it Sunday by stomping on Robert Griffin III until he had to leave the game, suffocating Alfred Morris and choking off the Redskins’ receivers.

After being outgained 129 to minus-2, the Seahawks outgained the Redskins 382-74 the rest of the way. Obviously some of that was due to RG3 being hobbled, but that’s not the Seahawks’ problem. They smelled blood and they swarmed.

They hit. They tackled. They forced turnovers. They played disciplined, physical, ferocious football. The likes of which we haven’t seen around here in a long time.

After the 'Skins easily drove down the field a second time, the NBC TV cameras showed head coach Pete Carroll grabbing Bradley on the sidelines, as if to say, “Hey, what are we going to do to slow these guys down?”

Whatever they came up with worked.

The Redskins averaged 7.8 yards per possession after those first two TD drives.

After the first quarter, Griffin passed for just 16 yards. After allowing Morris, a 1,600-yard rusher, 49 rushing yards on eight carries in the first quarter (6.1 average), the Seahawks held him to 31 yards on eight carries (3.9 average) the rest of the game.

It was a brilliant display of defensive adjustment by a guy who was coaching at Fargo, N.D., seven years ago.

How can you watch the product the Seahawks put on the field Sunday and not want this guy to be your head coach?

The hunch here is still that the Eagles will go with an offensive mind over a defensive mind. It’s an offensive league, and we know Jeff Lurie all things being equal prefers having a bright, innovative offensive guy running the franchise and a strong coordinator leading the defense.

But with all due respect to Mike McCoy and Bruce Arians, good luck finding a stronger candidate to bring the Eagles into the future and turn this mess around than Gus Bradley.

The Eagles need to get better on offense, sure, but they have some pieces in place and will get some injured guys back. On defense, they need a complete overhaul. They need a culture change. They need to learn how to tackle. Learn how to cover. Learn how to hit. Learn how to play football.

Who better to change the mentality of this languid bunch and infuse them with the ferocity and discipline necessary to be a competitive defense than the guy who built the Seahawks into this savage wrecking machine?

Now, Bradley won’t have the same talent at the start in Philly that he has right now in Seattle. But that doesn’t matter. The transformation of the Eagles back into a team that doesn’t go out there and embarrass itself every week has to begin with a change in its approach.

You watch the videos of his media interviews, and you can see he’s got a tremendous personality. You read the quotes from his players, and you can see he’s a tremendous leader. You spot him on the sidelines, and you can see he’s got tremendous energy. You watch the brand of football his guys play, and you can see he’s a tremendous tactician.

The Eagles dodged a bullet when things fell apart with Chip Kelly, who seems to be more enamored of being wanted than being an NFL head coach.

The Eagles need somebody who wants to be here. Who has the energy, personality and ability to turn around a franchise at its lowest ebb in a generation. Who understands what Eagles fans understand – that smart, physical, disciplined defense wins championships.

Bradley’s official interview with the Eagles hasn’t been scheduled yet, but his unit’s performance Sunday afternoon was one heck of an interview in itself.

I’ve seen enough.

The Eagles need Gus Bradley.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...877&feedID=692
                      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

sign me up!

Comment

He sounds good anyway. I think it was more of RG breaking down than great adjustments. If he's an asskicker, I'm in. I want a return to Philly football. I know we'll never win a Super Bowl, but I remember that teams never wanted to play the Birds because they were going to take a beating win or lose by our defense. Even with guys like Britt Hager and Tim Hauk, not superstars, just tough SOBs. That's what I miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            He sounds good anyway. I think it was more of RG breaking down than great adjustments. If he's an asskicker, I'm in. I want a return to Philly football. I know we'll never win a Super Bowl, but I remember that teams never wanted to play the Birds because they were going to take a beating win or lose by our defense. Even with guys like Britt Hager and Tim Hauk, not superstars, just tough SOBs. That's what I miss.
                            * As stupid as it sounds to say "I know we'll never win a Super Bowl so let's just be sure we kick ass and intimidate" - I'm in agreement.

NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING worse than laying down like pansy asses like the 2012 Eagles did.
                            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                            Playoff Appearances:
                            NFC Title Games:
                            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
                              * As stupid as it sounds to say "I know we'll never win a Super Bowl so let's just be sure we kick ass and intimidate" - I'm in agreement.

NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING worse than laying down like pansy asses like the 2012 Eagles did.

I agree 100%. Which is why this statement strikes me as a key to why we should get Bradley...

After being outgained 129 to minus-2, the Seahawks outgained the Redskins 382-74 the rest of the way. Obviously some of that was due to RG3 being hobbled, but that’s not the Seahawks’ problem. They smelled blood and they swarmed.

They hit. They tackled. They forced turnovers. They played disciplined, physical, ferocious football. The likes of which we haven’t seen around here in a long time.
                              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                              X