Observations from the Eagles Jets game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations from the Eagles Jets game

Easy win. Was it pretty, depends on what you say is pretty.

1. Helluva game from the Defense. Something I Never though Schwartz could do, now they did it against little sisters of the Poor from New York but dominating is dominating.

2. Carson no turnovers, missed some receivers, made some plays with his legs, had several more drops by his receivers in this game.

3. Was it me or were we in 2nd and 3rd and long way too much in this game. Too many penalties (too many penalties that were not legit in my eyes but..).

4. The offensive line played poorly today. They had a couple of nice holes in the run game but generally were not very good. The penalties, the instant pressure was bad. We have seen this too much this year.

5. Welcome back Orlando Scandrick, I haven't seen a strip fumble return for a TD like that in a long time.

6. I thought Craig James looked pretty good today. He got beat a few times by Thomas but for a kid that was not here a few weeks ago he looked pretty good.

7. They need to clean up this special teams crap. It appeared the ball hit 37 in the leg (Not sure who 37 is right now with all the turnover). Even if it didn't he got too close to the ball and it caused Clement to think he hit it. Obviously they blamed Clement for it as he was no longer the Punt Returner. This is a huge concern. Sproles several times today let balls bounce instead of going up and catching them. You can get away with that against bad teams but not good ones.

8. Great to see Josh Sweat get two sacks today (even though only one counted, not sure what game the officials were watching that was not a pass). Also nice to see Daeshon Hall on the field.

9. Rodney McCloud had his best game as an Eagle he was all over teh field.

Overall this is a game we should have won, that we won.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

10. No major injuries!!!!
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Nobody got hurt and I don’t think the offense is at all happy with the performance.

Why was 91 on the field in the 4th quarter though?
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

We went into the game with a league leading 11 drops and I saw at least 2 more today. I can't remember if Aggy had any or not. He wasn't targeted much today.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I get that Carson has to be Carson but there is no reason on earth when you are up 21-0 or something that Wentz should either run a QB sneak or scramble with the ball. The scramble is probably on him but the QB sneak was called I would think.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
            10. No major injuries!!!!
            Keep your fingers crossed AW. Doug always has some Monday surprises (more like shockers) for us.

Comment

Again just my observations and take aways....

1. Won and should have easily.
              2. May have lost if they were playing a real NFL team, with a REAL nfl QB.
              3. O line sucked, ok not sucked but very pedesterian.
              4. Wentz was erractic and caused at least 2 sacks by holding the ball too long--- again. He still displays poor touch on some and poor accuracy on others.. he is going to get anopther WR killed, IMHO.

5. D front played well as did the LB's.. but the DB's (as expected) would have been burnt again playing a decent QB.

6. Penalties, Penalties, Penalties, Penalties,Penalties, Penalties, Penalties, Penalties,--- and oh yeah STUPID penalties.

IMHO, they will need to play much better next week if they want a W.

Comment

MD, I wasn't at the game and maybe somebody who was could help here, the sacks that Wentz took for "holding the ball too long" looked to be coverage sacks to me. I didn't see anyone open
                If so sure I would like to see him throw the ball away there but again if he does then its his accuracy sucks or his completion % stinks. Also have to take the good with the bad, if he would just throw the ball away no way he makes that play where he ducks under the defender to avoid a sack. Good with the bad. I do think he is has been a little up and down with his accuracy but dare I say I watched Aaron Rodgers do the same thing yesterday.
                At some point in time we have to look at the entire offense and say WTF is wrong with it. Yes they don't have Jackson but against a Team this bad we should have been better on offense.

My take is it all starts with the offensive line and yesterday they were not good and I keep coming back to Seumolo is a below average player. He is way too inconsistent. On one play he blows the DT off the ball and opens up a huge hole for the RB, on the next play he is getting blown up right back into the RB as he is handed the ball. His pass protection is the same way.
                More than anything though the penalties are killing this team. I will say I rewound the tape on several of those and they were beyond questionable. They flat out should not have been called. Those killed drives. Not sure what the Eagles can do about bad officiating. Maybe Doug needs to slam a challenge flag down in front of an official and tell him he is horseshit. I think its the NFL way of trying to keep the game close.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  MD, I wasn't at the game and maybe somebody who was could help here, the sacks that Wentz took for "holding the ball too long" looked to be coverage sacks to me. I didn't see anyone open
                  If so sure I would like to see him throw the ball away there but again if he does then its his accuracy sucks or his completion % stinks. Also have to take the good with the bad, if he would just throw the ball away no way he makes that play where he ducks under the defender to avoid a sack. Good with the bad. I do think he is has been a little up and down with his accuracy but dare I say I watched Aaron Rodgers do the same thing yesterday.
                  At some point in time we have to look at the entire offense and say WTF is wrong with it. Yes they don't have Jackson but against a Team this bad we should have been better on offense.

My take is it all starts with the offensive line and yesterday they were not good and I keep coming back to Seumolo is a below average player. He is way too inconsistent. On one play he blows the DT off the ball and opens up a huge hole for the RB, on the next play he is getting blown up right back into the RB as he is handed the ball. His pass protection is the same way.
                  More than anything though the penalties are killing this team. I will say I rewound the tape on several of those and they were beyond questionable. They flat out should not have been called. Those killed drives. Not sure what the Eagles can do about bad officiating. Maybe Doug needs to slam a challenge flag down in front of an official and tell him he is horseshit. I think its the NFL way of trying to keep the game close.
                  Why these refs think that they have to make up penalties is beyond me. There are enough legitimate penalties going on every play that they could call instead of making crap up.. Nice job by the D line and LBs yesterday.

Comment

They missed that egregious foul on Aggie on the deep throw, I know why it wasn't PI, but damn sure it was illegal contact and holding.

I never like to blame refs (for W's and L's, unless it's a Rams/Saints type of deal) too much cause generally it evens out over the course of the season.

As for Wentz, I still feel some of this is on him. He is still throwing 400 mph 2 feet over guys heads. And he should throw the ball away quicker (pocket awareness?)

But I do agree the O-Line has been very pedestrian for most of the year, and they will not get many W's in the upcoming 5 weeks or so without much better O-Line play.

Comment

my observation? way too much green and white out there

very confusing

and one of the most boring Eagles wins I can remember watching

can't take much from it, other than the W and no serious injuries

Comment

We keep running wide for no gain or a loss, between the Tackles we are pretty bad ass. We have the most DUMB penalties in the NFL. Wentz is very erratic IMO, unless he's throwing to his binky, he's all over the place. He has to hit someone other than Ertz. McCloud was and has been pretty damn good. Scandrick needs to bump someone off the roster when they return from injury. I would love that Hewitt kid on our defense. Undlin deserves a raise for the shit he has been working with.
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

some good takes mm. I see Sanders running to the sideline for no gain while I see them busting up the middle regularly. Mostly because it was the Jets but nevertheless take what is there.
                          Wentz goes to Ertz too much for my liking but he also has hit other receivers. Goedert gets rave reviews as a blocking TE but he is all around IMO and makes most catches. He hit Jeffrey in stride yesterday and then was high or behind. Same with Ertz. But I can live with that because he makes lots of plays and is young. Hopefully he continues to improve.
                          McCleod makes a difference at safety and yes Undlin gets crap to work with.
                          As for penalities-- everyone gets them. I get frustrated but I also see where other teams get them and I see where the birds are accurately charged many many times
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                            my observation? way too much green and white out there

very confusing

As an aside....I just don't like white on white. Much rather they go with green or black pants when they have to wear white jerseys or develop some other jersey that meets the white criteria.
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                              As an aside....I just don't like white on white. Much rather they go with green or black pants when they have to wear white jerseys or develop some other jersey that meets the white criteria.
                              I agree. Get some contrast going instead of that boring white on white.

Comment

Working...
                              X